Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Kepa Wong
City/State
Alaska
I am currently on the island of Molokai, Hawaii visiting my Mom. So I got together with a friend of mine (he is forum member - 808Flyer) do shoot the Milky Way. Unfortunately, there was a lot of cloud cover last night, but luckily, the broke a bit to reveal the MW. The island of Maui is in the center. 808Flyer is an avid Milky Way photographer so he is mentoring me in this new (for me) form of photography. Hoping the weather gets better so we can take more shots.

MKK-OGG560.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 10 sec
  • ISO 3200

Nice shot, especially with the island giving some scale and a counterpoint to the stars. I grew up in the countryside where, when the lights went out, the milky way was clear & bright. Unfortunatly where I live now the stars are rarely visible.

Nice shot, especially with the island giving some scale and a counterpoint to the stars. I grew up in the countryside where, when the lights went out, the milky way was clear & bright. Unfortunatly where I live now the stars are rarely visible.
I'd love to try some shots like this, but there's no dark skies anywhere near me in northeast MA (USA).

I am currently on the island of Molokai, Hawaii visiting my Mom. So I got together with a friend of mine (he is forum member - 808Flyer) do shoot the Milky Way. Unfortunately, there was a lot of cloud cover last night, but luckily, the broke a bit to reveal the MW. The island of Maui is in the center. 808Flyer is an avid Milky Way photographer so he is mentoring me in this new (for me) form of photography. Hoping the weather gets better so we can take more shots.

View attachment 16154
That is a beautiful shot for first time. I hope you have clear skies and lots of storage for your next attempts.

The entire north east coast, from Washington to Portland, is a light ghetto. I'm 40 miles north of NYC and the the southern sky glows at night.

That is really cool! I don't normally like lights and other manmade stuff in photos, but the lights give a nice reference and balance in this. The sky turned out fantastic in this shot. Sweet!!
It's been a long, long time since we went to Hawaii..........:unsure:

Great shot of the Milky Way. I need to try that here in Mandurah. Light pollution is not really an issue here. I'm in the middle of town and can see the MW from my back verandah.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back