Photography Challenge - Black & White

202308_CR7_0476-CR3 -1BW.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • TAMRON 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD B028
  • 71.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 1250

Trying out IBIS: High Definition for astro in Black and White. The horizon was horrible for a couple reasons: wildfire smoke and over 100°F (38°C) at least it cooled down from 112° F (44°C).

DWR56789.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 15.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 20 sec
  • ISO 1600

The dahlia set is the best for me.
Hi Cemal,

There were some absolutely stunning flowers * on display where we visited on Saturday - but as we'd ridden there on our cycles, I had the RF 16mm (Phil 'always the wrong lens' Moore) and Karen had our misbehaving Sony RX100 IV. I think we still got some decent shots, but I haven't got to view them yet.

(* If I knew the names of any of them I'd tell you, but my knowledge of flowers is, basically, similar to my knowledge of birds - and everything else. There were quite a few Dahlias though - I think! :) ).

Phil

Hi Cemal,

There were some absolutely stunning flowers * on display where we visited on Saturday - but as we'd ridden there on our cycles, I had the RF 16mm (Phil 'always the wrong lens' Moore) and Karen had our misbehaving Sony RX100 IV. I think we still got some decent shots, but I haven't got to view them yet.

(* If I knew the names of any of them I'd tell you, but my knowledge of flowers is, basically, similar to my knowledge of birds - and everything else. There were quite a few Dahlias though - I think! :) ).

Phil
The third pair.

If I knew the names of any of them I'd tell you, but my knowledge of flowers is, basically, similar to my knowledge of birds - and everything else.
What I use is Google Lens. Upload a picture and it will find matches, albeit it may take some doing.
I searched using a photo of mine of a couple bees on a Dahlia (variety called "Pooh") We live a couple miles from Swan Island Dahlias.

My second photo is of a Spotted Towhee.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

What I use is Google Lens. Upload a picture and it will find matches, albeit it may take some doing.
I searched using a photo of mine of a couple bees on a Dahlia (variety called "Pooh") We live a couple miles from Swan Island Dahlias.

My second photo is of a Spotted Towhee.

View attachment 19128

View attachment 19129
Hi Dean,

Very useful - I'll look into that for sure. :)

If it's of any use to anyone, we use the 'Merlin Bird ID' app by Cornell University for instant bird identification from their sound/ or from their features.

P&K

Glass, glass, glass...

Re-edit of image taken at Cragside, Rothbury, Northumberland, England. (More of which will appear in a forum near here at some point in the future).

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panels and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Phil

B&W Re-edit...

RF-S-BW-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 3200

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back