Photography Challenge - Black & White

Glass, glass, glass...

Re-edit of image taken at Cragside, Rothbury, Northumberland, England. (More of which will appear in a forum near here at some point in the future).

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panels and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Phil

B&W Re-edit...

View attachment 19348
This is superb, Phil and Karen. I find it mesmerizing. How are you liking the TK9 panel? I'm loving the blend-if option and most of the new things that he's put in there.

This is superb, Phil and Karen. I find it mesmerizing. How are you liking the TK9 panel? I'm loving the blend-if option and most of the new things that he's put in there.
Hi Hali,

Cheers - much appreciated! We do enjoy looking for abstracts/ patterns/ textures as we tour sites and places and this particular panel caught our eye.

I'm relatively new to the TK Panels, having been slowly 'gathering speed' with TK-8 for a while. I'm really enjoying the updates in TK-9 and I also bought the very worthwhile (and recommended) 'TK9 Button By Button Guide' by Sean Bagshaw. (Definitely a case of, 'if in doubt, read the instructions!' :p ).

(I'm also very happy to recommend Dave Kelly's YouTube channel - which includes a good deal of instructional/ inspirational content for using the TK panels).

Each time I've had/ taken the time to weave TK-9 into my workflow, the resultant images have benefitted from the experience. A wonderful set of tools. :)

Phil

It's a new month so it's time for a new challenge. How about Black & White photography this time?

This is not a competition so there will be no winners announced, it's purely for fun and self-development.

Simple Rules:
  • Canon R Series cameras only please
  • No sky replacements, keep it real
  • Please don't post more than 3 separate posts, multiple images may be included in a single post
Also the challenge does not end when the month ends, I leave it open so you can continue to add to it whenever you like.

Have fun!
The Captain

Attachments

• Yos22.dng_27-2.jpg
    Yos22.dng_27-2.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 44
Hi Hali,

Cheers - much appreciated! We do enjoy looking for abstracts/ patterns/ textures as we tour sites and places and this particular panel caught our eye.

I'm relatively new to the TK Panels, having been slowly 'gathering speed' with TK-8 for a while. I'm really enjoying the updates in TK-9 and I also bought the very worthwhile (and recommended) 'TK9 Button By Button Guide' by Sean Bagshaw. (Definitely a case of, 'if in doubt, read the instructions!' :p ).

(I'm also very happy to recommend Dave Kelly's YouTube channel - which includes a good deal of instructional/ inspirational content for using the TK panels).

Each time I've had/ taken the time to weave TK-9 into my workflow, the resultant images have benefitted from the experience. A wonderful set of tools. :)

Phil
I've been using TK panels since he first released them. Each iteration gets better and more useful, and I find more and more things to do with them. Both Sean and Dave are instrumental in learning the ins and out of the panel. Sean for an overview of how everything works and Dave because he shows the big picture. I agree, it's a great set of tools. Sean just put out a youtube video showing how to collect colors for color grading from one image to put on another and how to save the ones you like. If you haven't seen it here it is

I've been using TK panels since he first released them. Each iteration gets better and more useful, and I find more and more things to do with them. Both Sean and Dave are instrumental in learning the ins and out of the panel. Sean for an overview of how everything works and Dave because he shows the big picture. I agree, it's a great set of tools. Sean just put out a youtube video showing how to collect colors for color grading from one image to put on another and how to save the ones you like. If you haven't seen it here it is
Hi Hali,

Slightly off-piste for the thread, but actually - that's what I was playing around with yesterday afternoon... :)

Phil

What a great photo. A rather Stoic look for one so young or maybe that is a little smile in the corners?
Not sure, but I'm in love with the eye contact.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back