Photography Challenge - Black & White

Beach art - Cleveland Way, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed with: Adobe Lightroom/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panels and DxO Nik Collection).

P&K

RF-S-BA-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 125

Last edited:
It's Friday afternoon and I'm fading out (in B&W) - some re-edits from shots taken at Chester Zoo, Chester, England.

(Re-edit s/w: DxO Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panels and Topaz Labs Photo AI).

Phil

What can you see...

RF-S-FE-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 428.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 640

H-e-l-l-o...

RF-S-FE-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 254.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 6400

Hold it right there...

RF-S-FE-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 6400

Here comes trouble...

RF-S-FE-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 4000

Nice set. Photo AI has come a long way in the last year.
Hi Only RF,

Cheers - appreciated!

I agree, I'm finding that I'm using the original distinct Topaz apps less and Photo AI more (albeit with my tweaks often added to the AI Auto Pilot).

(I still wish they'd reconsider discontinuing Studio 2, but I think that particular boat has long since sailed from the harbour - and been torpedoed).

Phil

Studio 2 is in my account but I've never used it. I had a good run with PAI. I supported it from day one but since the release if Adobe Denoise AI I decided to simplify my world. Even if others edge it out. I just kept Topaz Sharpen AI. You have your workflow in tune.

Studio 2 is in my account but I've never used it. I had a good run with PAI. I supported it from day one but since the release if Adobe Denoise AI I decided to simplify my world. Even if others edge it out. I just kept Topaz Sharpen AI. You have your workflow in tune.
Hi Only RF,

I tend to use Studio 2 for the creative side of things and for digital frames, should it fall victim to macOS updates I have some legacy tech I can use it on.

I mostly use Photo AI (otherwise Sharpen AI) for corrective stuff - motion blur/ tightening up focus, occasionally face recovery and more rarely upscaling.

When I need it to, Photo AI also does a very decent job at NR - but this has become a fringe function as the NR heavy lifting is done using DxO/ Adobe depending on the file's needs. My 'workflow' often veers all over the place, sometimes wildly, but the basics are generally fairly stable. (Just like me!).

Being a hobby, time isn't money and the only person I aim to please is Karen... :)

(And for some reason she is very forgiving - and very tactful in her responses... :LOL:).

Phil

Hi Only RF,

I tend to use Studio 2 for the creative side of things and for digital frames, should it fall victim to macOS updates I have some legacy tech I can use it on.

I mostly use Photo AI (otherwise Sharpen AI) for corrective stuff - motion blur/ tightening up focus, occasionally face recovery and more rarely upscaling.

The NR heavy lifting is done by DxO/ Adobe depending on the file's needs. (My 'workflow' often veers all over the place, but the basics are fairly stable).

Being a hobby, time isn't money and the only person I aim to please is Karen... :)

(And for some reason she is very forgiving - and very tactful in her responses... :LOL:).

Phil
I know the feeling. My wife supports my hobby but couldn't care less about the gear. I still don't know how she instantly knows that I'm holding a new camera. They all look the same.

Nice set. Photo AI has come a long way in the last year.
I just got a BF sales email from Tony Kuyper photo and now I know TK-9 is. If you can figure that out I guess you could have flown the space shuttle. :) I used his linear profiles for a while.

I just got a BF sales email from Tony Kuyper photo and now I know TK-9 is. If you can figure that out I guess you could have flown the space shuttle. :) I used his linear profiles for a while.
Hi Only RF,

Yes, I use the Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels quite regularly - in the manner of a young child playing in the sand with a bucket and spade, rather than being a concert virtuoso. Having said that, I’m much better now than when I first started using them… :)

Phil

Hi Only RF,

Yes, I use the Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels quite regularly - in the manner of a young child playing in the sand with a bucket and spade, rather than being a concert virtuoso. Having said that, I’m much better now than when I first started using them… :)

Phil

In a nut shell what is their purpose?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back