Photography Challenge - Black & White

In a nut shell what is their purpose?
Hi Only RF,

Basically, they’re Photoshop plug-ins which can serve a multitude of purposes, but one of their main thrusts is in building luminosity masks, using which a wide variety of treatments can be selectively applied. The plug-ins also include various custom treatments/ actions and they assist with general workflow/ productivity.

Dave Kelly does a regular editing feature (each Friday), plus additional content and I recommend his YouTube channel.

Sean Bagshaw also covers them on his YouTube channel (and has also produced the tutorials videos for Tony Kuyper).

Phil

Hi Only RF,

Basically, they’re Photoshop plug-ins which can serve a multitude of purposes, but one of their main thrusts is in building luminosity masks, using which a wide variety of treatments can be selectively applied. The plug-ins also include various custom treatments/ actions and they assist with general workflow/ productivity.

Dave Kelly does a regular editing feature (each Friday), plus additional content and I recommend his YouTube channel.

Sean Bagshaw also covers them on his YouTube channel (and has also produced the tutorials videos for Tony Kuyper).

Phil
Thanks.

Some B&W re-edits from images taken at Chester Zoo, Chester, England.

(Re-edit s/w: Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels, DxO Nik Collection Silver Efex and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Phil and Karen

H-e-l-l-o...

RF-S-BWZ-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 428.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 6400

What can you see...

RF-S-BWZ-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 500

Look deep into my lens...

RF-S-BWZ-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 400

What a little cutie...

RF-S-BWZ-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 159.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 1600

Last edited:
Some B&W re-edits from images taken at Chester Zoo, Chester, England.

(Re-edit s/w: Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels, DxO Nik Collection Silver Efex and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Phil and Karen

H-e-l-l-o...

View attachment 22821

What can you see...

View attachment 22822

Look deep into my lens...

View attachment 22823

What a little cutie...

View attachment 22824
As always, these are fabulous images, Phil and Karen! I think my favorites are the lemur and the monkey, but all four are fabulous!

As always, these are fabulous images, Phil and Karen! I think my favorites are the lemur and the monkey, but all four are fabulous!
Hi Hali,

Cheers - very much appreciated!

Phil

I just read the history of the Hikawa Maru. Thank you for posting your photo as it gave me something to learn. I think Black and White does this proud ship justice.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back