Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Had a pentax A something in 1985 then went away from phorography in say 87 until early 2020.
So ive never owned anything other than pentax canon.
You often hear canon colours better etc etc sony colours poor.

Is there any fact or its just ever so slight.
Never gonna change my r61 and r62 will actually see me out unless i hand onto kids and upgrade but i sincerly doubt it.

Also reminicing darn near ever town over 5000 people back in those days had a camera store nowhere near as big as city stores.
Progress i guess, even chemists or drug stores as americans make call them used to have a small line of cameras and would order one in if you needed one

Last edited:
I can’t speak to Sony, but I can speak to Pentax, Canon, and Nikon (Sort of.). I think Canon and Pentax produce nice color. Canon, in my opinion, has better color science for photographing people, however Pentax is not bad. Folks are a little upset with Pentax because they are baking noise reduction into RAW files and the user has no way to disable or control it. As for Nikon, I don’t have the opportunity to edit Nikon raw files, but I find their standard jpeg setting a bit flat.

I was shooting a Pentax K-50, got a Canon T3 (I like older cameras) and decided to switch to Canon going forward. I have more confidence in Canon Jpegs if I need to turn out images quickly from the camera.

As important as the color in-camera is, the RAW processing is also important. The color issues I have is with Adobe (LrC) colors. DPP gives great color, but the software is kludgy, and DxO Pure RAW comes closest to DPP.

There's only two kinds of color rendering: if you like it it's good, and if you don't someone else will. I prefer Canon's rendering.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back