Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
A Kefauver
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Anyone having issues with FW 1.8.1 on the R5?
On some forums I am seeing comments like this:

"yes af is slower inc tracking and not as accurate have downgraded back too 1.7"

"I thought my new 135 was very poor, or faulty, but I’ve experienced this issue before. So I decided to downgrade firmware and it worked great again"

"My EF lens seems to be struggling to focus after the upgrade."

I personally have not upgraded my 2 R5s.

I've updated one of my R5's so far. Not noticed any issues whatsoever. Still the best camera on the market (apart from my R3)

Last edited:
I've not noticed any issues in casual shooting, but I've yet to take a closer look.

No problems for me with R5 and 1.8.1. If anything, tracking of objects seems a tad better when in face tracking mode.

Anyone having issues with FW 1.8.1 on the R5?
On some forums I am seeing comments like this:

"yes af is slower inc tracking and not as accurate have downgraded back too 1.7"

"I thought my new 135 was very poor, or faulty, but I’ve experienced this issue before. So I decided to downgrade firmware and it worked great again"

"My EF lens seems to be struggling to focus after the upgrade."

I personally have not upgraded my 2 R5s.
I have it and no problems at all.

Any problem can be found if you are expecting to find it....whether it exists or not.

No issues for me after a few hundred frames using 1.81.

I've updated and not found any issues as yet. Won't be using the hi-res but just keeping camera up to date.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back