Question about eye tracking...

jpharbour

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
John Harbour
Q: If Eye Tracking can’t find an eye, does it default to face tracking or simply keep searching for an eye? If I’m successfully focusing on an eye and the person/animal turns away, do I have to switch to face tracking manually....or servo with an AF zone chosen? I'm not sure why the AF Selections square is shown when on Eye Tracking.

Thanks.

Q: If Eye Tracking can’t find an eye, does it default to face tracking or simply keep searching for an eye? If I’m successfully focusing on an eye and the person/animal turns away, do I have to switch to face tracking manually....or servo with an AF zone chosen? I'm not sure why the AF Selections square is shown when on Eye Tracking.

Thanks.
When I am using Eye Tracking if the subject turns or if the camera cannot detect an eye it will then go to face or head tracking. In the case of an animal/subject on the run away from me it may also go to focusing on the body. The camera does this automatically and instantly for me without any manual changes.

I've noticed too that when I was recently taking a picture of my cat if she closed her eyes the small square around her eye became a larger square around her face. It did this without me doing anything.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back