clpix

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Christopher Little
I am told that the guts and behavior of the R5 and R6 autofocusing systems are identical. Can anyone confirm that? Many thanks. I already have an R, and I am trying to decide to which one I should upgrade.

I believe that to be correct from everything I have read. Both have the same Digic 10 processor and dual pixel AF system.

I believe the only real difference is the sensor size, when doing a side to side comparison on the Canon website there's not a lot of differences. I have the R5 and would highly recommend it to anyone. After numerous DSLR's the R5 is a huge step forward.

Hi, I like you gave it a lot of thought regarding which one to buy! I went with the R6 because everything I read said it had the same auto focus system , same fps etc, also the better buffer size too all made me choose the R6 .

I have had the camera for two weeks and have shot around 1000 shots & cannot say anything bad about this camera.

The ergonomics are superb, the EVF is excellent, also I don't need 8K video, and saved £2000!

I shoot aviation mainly and I have used a 45 megapixel camera before & my MacBook did not like the huge file sizes, and the storage issues.

I also read that for online publishing you cannot see a difference between 20 & 45 mix on screen.

I probably would have wanted say 30 m pix but the best Pro sports camera the 1DX MKII had 20mpix as well.

Hope this gives you some help.

I believe the only real difference is the sensor size, when doing a side to side comparison on the Canon website there's not a lot of differences. I have the R5 and would highly recommend it to anyone. After numerous DSLR's the R5 is a huge step forward.
the sensor is the same size only the mp is doubled ...

the sensor is the same size only the mp is doubled ...
I meant the MP total as sensor size as they are both full frame lol. I should have thought about the wording more but it never entered my head lol.

I am told that the guts and behavior of the R5 and R6 autofocusing systems are identical. Can anyone confirm that? Many thanks. I already have an R, and I am trying to decide to which one I should upgrade.
Yes, AF systems are the same.

Primary difference between the two is the R5 has much higher end video options along with the higher resolution of 45mp compare to 20mp for the R6

45mp enables you to crop more but it also make the noise more apparent. Using the CFexpress card the buffer on the R5 hasn't been tested by me yet, and I don't think it will be. Much better option than the SD card format both in robust quality and speed. Not cheap though!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back