Canon R10 Remote Control - Wired or Wireless?

Sallers

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Philip David Sheehan
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi, would you recommend a wired or wireless remote control to take photos using a tripod and any recommendations for a product for EOS R10

Solution
I was in the same predicament as you but with an R6 Mk2. It has the same remote socket as the R10 and I have just bought the Godox TR series wireless shutter release kit for Canon. As you say the camera connect app is inconsistent and some have found other bluetooth remotes inconsistent particularly when the camera goes to sleep. The Godox is from a reputable company and can be wired or wireless. It is more bulky than the remotes you have been looking at, but I don't find it bulky in itself. I also reckoned by the time I've packed my camera, lens and tripod this adds nothing! It will do everything you want, and more. Cost wise it's in the same bracket as the Canon BR-E1, but more expensive than simple Aoledan bluetooth...
If your camera supports Bluetooth, you can use your phone as a remote with the Camera Connect app.

Hi, thanks for your reply, yes I have been using the Canon Camera Connect app but find it quite inconsistent so I am looking at purchasing a dedicated wireless remote control or perhaps a shutter release wired option as I want some long exposures and many of the wireless controls I have seen seem to have limited options for time delays.

I had the same experience as you with the Canon Camera Connect app being inconsistent. I purchased a bluetooth remote on Amazon.
Aoledan Wireless Remote It works wonderfully and is very consistent. I would have bought the Canon version, but none were available when I wanted it.

I also have a Canon RS60E3 remote that works perfectly well, but the wireless version is better for me. If I forget that I have the wireless remote in my hand, I won't pull the camera and tripod over when I walk away from it. :D

I had the same experience as you with the Canon Camera Connect app being inconsistent. I purchased a bluetooth remote on Amazon.
Aoledan Wireless Remote It works wonderfully and is very consistent. I would have bought the Canon version, but none were available when I wanted it.

I also have a Canon RS60E3 remote that works perfectly well, but the wireless version is better for me. If I forget that I have the wireless remote in my hand, I won't pull the camera and tripod over when I walk away from it. :D
Thanks Bryan, if I may ask a couple more questions.
1. Do you have a EOS R10 camera that you are using it with?
2. Does it support long exposures or is it just 2 or 10 second timer. Ideally I want to be able to take photos with a 30 second exposure - many thanks again

I was in the same predicament as you but with an R6 Mk2. It has the same remote socket as the R10 and I have just bought the Godox TR series wireless shutter release kit for Canon. As you say the camera connect app is inconsistent and some have found other bluetooth remotes inconsistent particularly when the camera goes to sleep. The Godox is from a reputable company and can be wired or wireless. It is more bulky than the remotes you have been looking at, but I don't find it bulky in itself. I also reckoned by the time I've packed my camera, lens and tripod this adds nothing! It will do everything you want, and more. Cost wise it's in the same bracket as the Canon BR-E1, but more expensive than simple Aoledan bluetooth remotes.

Last edited:
Thanks Bryan, if I may ask a couple more questions.
1. Do you have a EOS R10 camera that you are using it with?
2. Does it support long exposures or is it just 2 or 10 second timer. Ideally I want to be able to take photos with a 30 second exposure - many thanks again
1. I have an EOS R camera.
2. It is only a remote trigger. It does not offer any timed exposure functions. It triggers the shutter remotely at whatever settings I have in the camera. If I have a 30 second exposure set in the camera, that is what the camera takes.

One thing that I like about it is that it has an auto focus button on it. I think the Godox mentioned above by Sarah might be the solution for you.

Last edited:
I was in the same predicament as you but with an R6 Mk2. It has the same remote socket as the R10 and I have just bought the Godox TR series wireless shutter release kit for Canon. As you say the camera connect app is inconsistent and some have found other bluetooth remotes inconsistent particularly when the camera goes to sleep. The Godox is from a reputable company and can be wired or wireless. It is more bulky than the remotes you have been looking at, but I don't find it bulky in itself. I also reckoned by the time I've packed my camera, lens and tripod this adds nothing! It will do everything you want, and more. Cost wise it's in the same bracket as the Canon BR-E1, but more expensive than simple Aoledan bluetooth remotes.

It is good to hear that the Godox TR works with the R6 Mk2. Godox does not list it as being compatible with any Canon R series cameras. But, it makes since that it would work since it connects the same way as the Canon RS-60E3 wired remote.

Thanks for sharing your experience with it here.

Solution

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back