Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Philip David Sheehan
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi, I made a mistake and bought a crappy tripod from Amazon, it is just not stable. I have an EOS R10,. Are there any members that are using and would recommend a good quality tripod. I mostly take landscapes and portraits

Hi, I made a mistake and bought a crappy tripod from Amazon, it is just not stable. I have an EOS R10,. Are there any members that are using and would recommend a good quality tripod. I mostly take landscapes and portraits
Hi Philip,

Tripods are very much a personal preference thing - it depends on just how 'stable' you want things to be balanced against things like portability.

We have several - a 'crappy tripod from Amazon' (which is fine! :) ), a GorillaPod and - my recommendation for you to have a look at - a Manfrotto Befree.

For our purposes this provides a good balance between portability/ weight/ bulk and practicality/ flexibility - having decent stability and a low height option.

This is a 'travel tripod' and therefore not as solid as a heavy duty item, but it's a decent option for you to consider - link Here (other retailers are available :cool: ).

If you prefer a beefier/ fluid ball head you can always add this later.

Phil and Karen

Last edited:
im the learner here and not qualified really but to me tripods basically a once of purchase.
i get some semi serious outflows when photographing storms aint had tripod blow over yet.
sometimes keep your eyes open pros retiring etc get good well looked after stuff

I also have the Manfrotto Befree, great tripod, you can also purchase a short centre column for it if you want to work closer to the ground, for Macro work for example. But there are many out there, but i would recommend going for a brand with a good reputation, there are plenty.

I also stand-by Manfrotto tripods. I picked-up a aluminum MK190 several years ago (on sale at B&H) and it has been a work horse. I've toyed with the idea of upgrading to carbon fibre, but I can't justify the purchase since the MK190 looks brand new and the cost of upgrade (over the B&H sale price) seems prohibitive. BTW, the BeFree's are great tripods.

My wife uses the '3 Legged Thing PUNKS Corey 2.0 with Airhead Neo 2.0' awesome for travel and the build quality is outstanding - it will way out live our use.

Phillip - where abouts in the UK are you? I have a Manfrotto 190XDB tripod with ball head which I have actually never used, it's been leant against the bookshelf for years.

Last edited:
My wife uses the '3 Legged Thing PUNKS Corey 2.0 with Airhead Neo 2.0' awesome for travel and the build quality is outstanding - it will way out live our use.

Phillip - where abouts in the UK are you? I have a Manfrotto 190XDB tripod with ball head which I have actually never used, it's been leant against the bookshelf for years.
Thanks David for taking the time to reply. I am based in Hockley in Essex

I also stand-by Manfrotto tripods. I picked-up a aluminum MK190 several years ago (on sale at B&H) and it has been a work horse. I've toyed with the idea of upgrading to carbon fibre, but I can't justify the purchase since the MK190 looks brand new and the cost of upgrade (over the B&H sale price) seems prohibitive. BTW, the BeFree's are great tripods.
Many Thanks Mike

I also have the Manfrotto Befree, great tripod, you can also purchase a short centre column for it if you want to work closer to the ground, for Macro work for example. But there are many out there, but i would recommend going for a brand with a good reputation, there are plenty.
Many Thanks

im the learner here and not qualified really but to me tripods basically a once of purchase.
i get some semi serious outflows when photographing storms aint had tripod blow over yet.
sometimes keep your eyes open pros retiring etc get good well looked after stuff
Thanks for the advice

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back