Followers
Following
Name
David Stallard
City/State
Essex, UK
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Firmware update for the 'beastie' (RF 100-300 2.8) on the Canon website now.

Firmware Version 1.0.6 incorporates the following enhancements:
1. Improves focus, making it more easily achievable, even when performing fast zooming operations.
2. Improves the Panning Assist control feature for 2nd and subsequent images captured during continuous shooting when using the electronic shutter.

If the lens' firmware is already Version 1.0.6, it is not necessary to update the firmware. You can check the firmware version of the lens from the camera menu. Refer to the camera instruction manual for how to check the current firmware version.

Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.

*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.

In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (RF046106.afu / file size: 2,883,636 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review the instructions to confirm your understanding of the firmware update procedures.

(The following is the history of past firmware updates)
Firmware Version 1.0.6 is the first update to be released.

Last edited:
Not sure if we have anyone else here that has done the update - I found yesterday whilst trackside that I now miss focus quite a lot, it's almost like it's not 'grabbing' the point, have emailed Canon about it - not sure if it's possible to revert back to factory firmware on a lens.
If anyone knows a way I would appreciate the heads up. Thanks

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back