Followers
Following
Name
Bob Ulius
City/State
Northborough, MA
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I have both :) I seriously believe I get better images with the 24-105. Crisper. Less noise or less apparent noise at high ISO. I never have to think about the quality. my best say "wow, that's a good shot". While with the 24-70 I sometimes have to think about it.

I had thought might be shutter speed so set to 200 so that should elimniate that issue at any focal lenght. Not it. I do not think it contrast, but could be. Lightroom adjustments do not compensate for what I see and have trouble describing.

Cannot send to Canon and say I don't think its working as well as my 24-105 :) What would you do? Don't get me wrong, its not bad and better than the 24-240 I recently tried. But it is just not as good.

Here's a recent 24-105 and a recent 24-70. Not the same place or time, but a quickly grabbed example. Might show what I am trying to describe.

Anyway, appreciate thoughts.
Stanley_Jordan_2024-07-14_17.jpg
Schwamb Mill-9.jpg

If we are comparing the RF 24-105 f/2.8 L IS Z to the 24-105 f/4 L (not the 24-70). I sold both the F/4 and the f/2.8 24-70 and bought the 24-105 f/2.8.
Sharp.
Long (had to get a new bag)
Heavy (same weight as the RF 100-500)
Did I say Sharp? to me it is sharper than both the F/4 and the 24-70 f/2.8

No no no no no.

RF 24-105 F4 and RF 24-70 F2.8

Just sent the 24-70 in for calibration. Will see if that helps. I hope so.

Lens back. The large piece of something inside the lens gone, but still a little dust. Nothing much, but....

They did not says what or even if they calibrated the lens. They say next to nothing in their work summary. BUT, it is MUCH sharper and more contrasty. As I would have expected all along.

Unfortunately, something new in the lens. Unnaceptable to miss this. Looks like aluminum though the pic does not show that clearly. It does shine. It is not in the image path most likely. But bothers the hell out of me and I would think might affect resale value. So torn as to whether to send it back for this to be removed and even risk the image quality I gained to be lost. Yet hard to know its there :)

What would you do? Its right by the "82" in the image.

IMG_4413.jpg

I sent it back in...

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back