DrQandil

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Amjad Qandil
As hobbiest, is there a real advantage from having an RF 28-70 f2.0L vs RF 24-70 f2.8L other than lower F number. Will they be comparable at f2.8, or the 28-70 will still be significantly sharper?

As hobbiest, is there a real advantage from having an RF 28-70 f2.0L vs RF 24-70 f2.8L other than lower F number. Will they be comparable at f2.8, or the 28-70 will still be significantly sharper?
well all i can tell you is I own the F2 and I love it ... its fast it takes awesome photo in low light and it has a wonderful Bokeh when i do singles or close up work ...

The one difference I believe is that the RF 28-70mm F3 does not have image stabilization if that is a concern for you. The lens gets great reviews from wedding photographers on Youtube as it provides prime lens quality, covering several of the prime lens sizes. Most are saying that they would buy the 28-70 F2 as it provides the quality and is less expensive than purchasing the individual primes.

The one difference I believe is that the RF 28-70mm F3 does not have image stabilization if that is a concern for you. The lens gets great reviews from wedding photographers on Youtube as it provides prime lens quality, covering several of the prime lens sizes. Most are saying that they would buy the 28-70 F2 as it provides the quality and is less expensive than purchasing the individual primes.
the well renowned EF24-70 L didnt have it ... works wonderfully ?? i have vs1 and 2 and the rf28-70 f2 and love it

With IBIS this lack if in-lens IS is less of a problem. But always wonder what makes Canon neglect IS at a $3000 price range? Is it a technical decision?

the well renowned EF24-70 L didnt have it ... works wonderfully ?? i have vs1 and 2 and the rf28-70 f2 and lov

With IBIS this lack if in-lens IS is less of a problem. But always wonder what makes Canon neglect IS at a $3000 price range? Is it a technical decision?
It's in my RF 15-35mm so it's curious that it is absent from the RF 28-70 F2.

That is why I decided to go with 24-70 for the IS. If your hybrid shooter this is a great lens for video.

Getting my R5 tomorrow with a 24-105L as a walkaround ... now trying to decide if I get a 24-70 f2.8 for closer stuff (as it seems to focus close), a 28-70 as it seems stunning re IQ (but I'm worried re size/weight and no close focus) or a 50 f1.2 ??

I am amateur but when I shot weddings with my wife (who is the professional) I used a 24-70 Mk1 a lot as it focused closer than the Mk2 for detail shots.

I am unsure whether I am going to take as many close focus shots now but with the 24-105 it isn't really a lens that goes close, unlike the RF 24-70.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back