PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our visits (in 2019 and 2021) to Shugborough Hall, Staffordshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop).

You can find out more about Shugborough Hall and Estate and Patrick Lichfield by clicking on these links.

Phil and Karen

The Estate was owned by the Bishops of Lichfield until the dissolution of the monasteries and was eventually purchased by William Anson in 1624. The hall was built by William’s grandson (also called William) in 1693.

RF-S-SH-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

The estate remained in the hands of the Anson family for 3 centuries during which time the hall was extended. Lord Lichfield (aka Patrick Lichfield, the noted photographer - and 5th Earl of Lichfield) leased an apartment at the hall until his death in 2005 - this is the entrance to his apartment. Shugborough is now managed by the National Trust.

RF-S-SH-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

The Red Drawing Room. In 1831, Princess Alexandra Victoria of Kent, the future Queen Victoria (then 13) visited Shugborough with her mother, the Duchess of Kent.

RF-S-SH-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 1600

The Library.

RF-S-SH-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 2500

The Staff Dining Room.

RF-S-SH-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 2000

Shugborough Estate is extensive and showcases many of the transformations made by Thomas Anson on returning from his Grand Tour, including The Chinese House, shown here.

RF-S-SH-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 75.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1600

(Sources: National Trust, WIKIPEDIA).

As usual, an amazing set. Gotta love those old money big houses. There's nothing quite like it.

As usual, an amazing set. Gotta love those old money big houses. There's nothing quite like it.
Hi Mike,

We're very pleased to read you're continuing to enjoy our images - we added a few more historic properties to the list during our recent trip.

(Should be appearing at some point in the future... :) ).

P&K

Images from our visits (in 2019 and 2021) to Shugborough Hall, Staffordshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop).

You can find out more about Shugborough Hall and Estate and Patrick Lichfield by clicking on these links.

Phil and Karen

The Estate was owned by the Bishops of Lichfield until the dissolution of the monasteries and was eventually purchased by William Anson in 1624. The hall was built by William’s grandson (also called William) in 1693.

View attachment 18255

The estate remained in the hands of the Anson family for 3 centuries during which time the hall was extended. Lord Lichfield (aka Patrick Lichfield, the noted photographer - and 5th Earl of Lichfield) leased an apartment at the hall until his death in 2005 - this is the entrance to his apartment. Shugborough is now managed by the National Trust.

View attachment 18256

The Red Drawing Room. In 1831, Princess Alexandra Victoria of Kent, the future Queen Victoria (then 13) visited Shugborough with her mother, the Duchess of Kent.

View attachment 18257

The Library.

View attachment 18258

The Staff Dining Room.

View attachment 18259

Shugborough Estate is extensive and showcases many of the transformations made by Thomas Anson on returning from his Grand Tour, including The Chinese House, shown here.

View attachment 18260

(Sources: National Trust, WIKIPEDIA).
Great location, very well captured.

Hi Cemal,

Cheers - appreciated!

During our 2019 visit (pre 'this and that'), we had a guided tour of 'the Lichfield Apartments', which still held personal possessions, various bits of camera gear and photographs - quite fascinating. Unfortunately - and perhaps somewhat ironically - no photography was allowed inside (this was strictly enforced!)... :p

(After being closed off for a while - understandably so - the Lichfield Apartments are now open to visit again).

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back