PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our visit (in April, 2022) to Attingham Hall, Atcham, Shropshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint/ Nik Collection and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels).

You can find out more about Attingham Hall, Parkland and Estate by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Attingham Hall is an 18th-century Georgian Mansion, set amid 200 acres of parkland and gardens within the 4,000 acre Attingham Estate. Attingham was the seat of the Barons Berwick from the 1780’s until that title became extinct in 1953.

DPR-S-AT-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 500

2. The mansion, designed by the architect George Steuart, was built between 1782-85 for Noel Hill, 1st Baron Berwick. It was built around the original house which stood on the site (Tern Hall) with the new structure completely encapsulating the old.

DPR-S-AT-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 6400

3. In 1805 John Nash was commissioned to add this staircase (along with a Picture Gallery featuring a curved glass roof).

RF-S-AT-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 2500

4. The Hill family made their money through politics, the acquisition of land, money lending and mining, with their fortunes ‘fluctuating’ as history unwound.

RF-S-AT-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 6400

5. During the First World War, Attingham was let to the Dutch-American Van Bergen family who encouraged the establishment of a hospital for wounded soldiers at Attingham. During the Second World War, Edgbaston Church of England Girls' School was evacuated and lived in part of the house, which later hosted the Women's Auxiliary Air Force.

RF-S-AT-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 6400

6. On the death of Thomas Henry Noel-Hill, 8th Baron Berwick (1877–1947), who died childless, the Attingham Estate was gifted to the National Trust.

DPR-S-AT-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 6400

(Sources: National Trust, Wikipedia)

Last edited:
You do very nice work on those shots. I take them but often never do anything. It's inspiring. I'll have to give it a go some day.

You do very nice work on those shots. I take them but often never do anything. It's inspiring. I'll have to give it a go some day.
Hi Only RF,

Cheers - very much appreciated!

We enjoy variety in our photography and historic properties are always interesting and fun - plus they usually have a cosy cafe with cheesy scones! :)

(To inspire someone is very special).

P&K

Phil, you've done it again. A fantastic set, and with each series I learn something new.

Phil, you've done it again. A fantastic set, and with each series I learn something new.
Hi Mike,

Cheers - much appreciated!

Your positive feedback and the knowledge that people are enjoying our images helps to make it all worthwhile. :)

(We're planning to add to our tally of historic properties during the year. We need to - we're down to the last half-dozen legacy R System image sets).

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back