PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our recent visit to Wimpole Hall and Estate, Wimpole, Cambridgeshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panel).

You can find out more about Wimpole Hall and Estate by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Wimpole has been owned by a number of different families, including the Earls of Hardwicke. By 1942, it had been bought by Captain George and Mrs Elsie Bambridge. The only surviving child of novelist Rudyard Kipling, Elsie Bambridge used the royalties from her father’s books to refurbish the house.

RF-S-WP-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

2. The Yellow Drawing Room, built for Philip Yorke, 3rd Earl of Hardwicke, hosted concerts and dancing. Refurbished in the 1960’s, it features a ceiling mounted gas light/ heater.

RF-S-WP-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 6400

3. The Library and Book Room house 10,000+ books collected by the Hardwicke and Bambridge families - one of the most significant collections in the care of the National Trust.

RF-S-WP-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 800

4. The Chapel was created in the 1720’s for Lord Edward Harley, Earl of Oxford and Earl Mortimer. It took artist James Thornhill 3 years to paint the chapel.

RF-S-WP-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 6400

5. The stairway near the Butler’s Pantry . Mrs Bambridge bequeathed the house to the National Trust on her death aged 80 in 1976.

RF-S-WP-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

6. The Gothic Tower (a folly), sits across the estate from the house. It was realised under the supervision of the great landscape designer ‘Capability’ Brown between 1768-72.

RF-S-WP-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

(Sources: National Trust, Wikipedia).

Last edited:
Nice captures
Hi Mark,

Cheers - much appreciated!

We'd cycled there, so had to do a quick-change out of our bright and colourful 'technical riding fabrics' into some normal clothes as we were meeting with friends. Sadly, there are no changing facilities which led to somewhat disturbing crashing noises emanating from the otherwise dignified toilet area... :LOL:

An interesting place to visit. (The Hall and Estate, not the toilet area).

P&K

Last edited:
Remarkable, and another great set. Great photos and a history lesson in one place. I love it!

Remarkable, and another great set. Great photos and a history lesson in one place. I love it!
Hi Mike,

Cheers - much appreciated!

(We aim to please… :) ).

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back