PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
A few images from Stoneleigh Abbey, Kenilworth, Warwickshire.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom/ Photoshop).

You can find out more about the history of Stoneleigh Abbey - Here.

Phil and Karen

1. What began as a humble Cistercian monastic house in 1154, fell victim to the Dissolution of the Monasteries to became home to the Leigh family. The only parts of the original house are the arches you can (just) see behind to the left.
RF-SM-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 160

2. The house has hosted many people of note, including King Charles I and Queen Victoria. The foreground water is the River Avon.
RF-SM-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 160

3. Jane Austen stayed here in 1806 and found inspiration in the house, grounds and family intrigues, which were to become woven into her novels such as ‘Mansfield Park’.
RF-SM-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 1600

4. The grand entrance hall was nearly lost to a disastrous fire which raged through the house in 1960.
RF-SM-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 320

5. The figure (an early crime deterrent) is much older than you may think.
RF-SM-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 800

6. The bed (but not the room) in which Queen Victoria slept when she visited in 1858.
RF-SM-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 400

Last edited:
Very nice images and information. Thanks for sharing!

Very cool! My wife and I have started watching TV shows and movies from the UK a few years ago and we just love those magnificent homes/buildings. I would love to take a trip there someday to photograph those structures.

Very cool! My wife and I have started watching TV shows and movies from the UK a few years ago and we just love those magnificent homes/buildings. I would love to take a trip there someday to photograph those structures.
Hi Kepa,

Cheers! Plenty more of these to follow - so stay tuned… :)

If you do make it here on a self-drive tour, we’d recommend you consider getting a membership for one or more of the major historic properties organisations - depending on where you’re going and want to see - such as The National Trust (the English one also covers Scotland), Historic Houses (Stoneleigh was one of these), English Heritage, and CADW (Wales - this also gives 50% off entry fees to English Heritage sites in year one, 100% year two).

Phil and Karen

Hi Kepa,

Cheers! Plenty more of these to follow - so stay tuned… :)

If you do make it here on a self-drive tour, we’d recommend you consider getting a membership for one or more of the major historic properties organisations - depending on where you’re going and want to see - such as The National Trust (the English one also covers Scotland), Historic Houses (Stoneleigh was one of these), English Heritage, and CADW (Wales - this also gives 50% off entry fees to English Heritage sites in year one, 100% year two).

Phil and Karen
Great tip! Thank you.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back