Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Bill Rinhart
City/State
Pearland, TX
I shoot portraits utilizing the outdoor studio. That is, I shoot on location, wherever we decide to shoot...outside. I have a Flashpoint EXPLOR 600, Streaklight 360, and Godox AD200. I love them all for various reasons. They compliment each other, in part, because they all use the R2 wireless radio technology, so setup is the same and managing your lighting is consistent and relatively simple. Admittedly, there is a learning curve, but that is to be expected.

For those of you looking for flashes or strobes, the costs can be moderate to extremely high. I have found a great deal of value in the Godox/Flashpoint equipment. Flashpoint is an Adorama exclusive equipment. It's made by Godox and uses the same wireless frequencies. There is virtually no difference in the equipment except the packaging. Akin to GMC - Chevrolet, etc. The ratings are high across the board because users are genuinely happy with them.

If you are looking for highly rated equipment for a reasonable price, I advocate the Godox and Flashpoint lighting equipment. No, I don't work for Godox, Flashpoint, or Adorama. I am semi-pro photographer and an avid user of them and wanted to share my experience with you. Most of the photos (almost all) you see in my profile was used with the AD200, a portable 36" beauty dish on an extension held by my awesome wife!

What is YOUR lighting preference?

I shoot portraits utilizing the outdoor studio. That is, I shoot on location, wherever we decide to shoot...outside. I have a Flashpoint EXPLOR 600, Streaklight 360, and Godox AD200. I love them all for various reasons. They compliment each other, in part, because they all use the R2 wireless radio technology, so setup is the same and managing your lighting is consistent and relatively simple. Admittedly, there is a learning curve, but that is to be expected.

For those of you looking for flashes or strobes, the costs can be moderate to extremely high. I have found a great deal of value in the Godox/Flashpoint equipment. Flashpoint is an Adorama exclusive equipment. It's made by Godox and uses the same wireless frequencies. There is virtually no difference in the equipment except the packaging. Akin to GMC - Chevrolet, etc. The ratings are high across the board because users are genuinely happy with them.

If you are looking for highly rated equipment for a reasonable price, I advocate the Godox and Flashpoint lighting equipment. No, I don't work for Godox, Flashpoint, or Adorama. I am semi-pro photographer and an avid user of them and wanted to share my experience with you. Most of the photos (almost all) you see in my profile was used with the AD200, a portable 36" beauty dish on an extension held by my awesome wife!

I've recently started setting up a small (mini) home studio, all on a tight budget. Got softbox, backdrop, and Canon 430EX III RT speedlite so far used on camera (Canon RP). I must say I'm pretty happy with the first shooting results but I want to try and use off camera speedlite. I've done some search and there are few options including Canon ST-E3-RT controller, Yongnuo triggers, and recommended by you Godox. Considering I've already own 430EX speedlite what would be the best, and the cheapest option to go for? I would be grateful for any respond. Thanks

I've recently started setting up a small (mini) home studio, all on a tight budget. Got softbox, backdrop, and Canon 430EX III RT speedlite so far used on camera (Canon RP). I must say I'm pretty happy with the first shooting results but I want to try and use off camera speedlite. I've done some search and there are few options including Canon ST-E3-RT controller, Yongnuo triggers, and recommended by you Godox. Considering I've already own 430EX speedlite what would be the best, and the cheapest option to go for? I would be grateful for any respond. Thanks
I agree with Rhino that Godox provides very acceptable performance for the dollars spent. I have the Flashpoint EXPLORE 600 and two of the AD200 strobes. I also carry my two Canon 430EXII flashes with me in my backpack along with the Godox XProC Wireless controller which can control up to 5 groups of flashes. I mount these to my two Godox X1RC Transceivers allowing me to have two very portable and light-off camera flashes that can be controlled from the camera.

Amazon: Godox Xpro-C 2.4G X System TTL Wireless Flash Trigger Transmitter & 2 X1R-C Controller Receiver Compatible for Canon Flash $149.00

This is a very flexible arrangement. The Godox XProC Wireless controller can be used with all my flashes.

Attachments

• Godox OC Flash.jpg
    Godox OC Flash.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 64

I agree. I have the FlashpointExplorer 600 B and two of the AD 200 Pro kits. I also have two of the X1RC receivers and the X2 trigger. It's a great system and for the price provides a unified method of controlling the flashes (all of them) from the trigger on the camera. I'm using the Adorama EZ-Lock brand of modifiers. The 36-inch beauty Dish/octobox and a 24x36 inch Softbox. These seem to be durable and work very well. They come with the grids and the price is very good.

I looked at the Wescott system, more expensive but very nice although the range of flashes and lights is not as broad as Godox. I really like the ProPhoto but I got my Godox Setup for less than the price of just one ProPhoto B2. Over all very satisfied with the Godox/Flashpoint products.

I was in a similar situation with a new Canon flash unit (and a very old 420EZ - which happily flashes, but can't be controlled by anything other than my equally ancient EOS 620). After looking at what was available I decided to adopt the Godox wireless trigger system with one XPro(C) trigger and two X1R (C) receivers. I can (and have) now extend the number of flash units with other Godox flashes which are reasonably priced and work directly with the trigger and use the two receivers with my Canon flash units too when I want further light sources. There may be some extreme cases where having different brands and models of flash unit may cause issues, but I've not bumped into these myself, yet. I'm very happy with Godox kit; think it's a reasonably priced way to go (not that anything is getting any cheaper at the moment) and has plenty of expansion potential too.

I was in a similar situation with a new Canon flash unit (and a very old 420EZ - which happily flashes, but can't be controlled by anything other than my equally ancient EOS 620). After looking at what was available I decided to adopt the Godox wireless trigger system with one XPro(C) trigger and two X1R (C) receivers. I can (and have) now extend the number of flash units with other Godox flashes which are reasonably priced and work directly with the trigger and use the two receivers with my Canon flash units too when I want further light sources. There may be some extreme cases where having different brands and models of flash unit may cause issues, but I've not bumped into these myself, yet. I'm very happy with Godox kit; think it's a reasonably priced way to go (not that anything is getting any cheaper at the moment) and has plenty of expansion potential too.
Thanks a lot guys for very helpful advices. I think I will go for Godox option, hoping they will work fine with my 430EX III RT, and Canon RP

I use two Godox 860IIs with the XProC trigger. I've also got an old Yongnuo 560-II I have yet to test on the R6.

I have a Yongnuo trigger and a Canon 430 EXiii and a Yongnuo flash and both work happily together on the RP and the R6.

I agree with you! I’ve been using the XPLOR 600’s for about 2 years now. (x3) I bought the R

I agree with you! I’ve been using the XPLOR 600’s for about 2 years now. (x3) and love them! I recently just ordered XPLOR 100 Pro II to add to a boom, and use as a backlight/fill light.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back