View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Heinwan

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Hein
Hi.

I am very new to the mirrorless format. I am shooting with an R5 and have the canon RF-EF adaptor. I seem to have an issue with my Tamron lens not being able to autofocus. The moment I mount the lens the camera allows MF only. Other 3rd party lenses I own work great. (sigma art 50mm1.4)

Is this a known issue or is this specific to my unit? Is there a way around this?

Thanks and sorry if the question has been asked before.

I have the tamron 70-200 2.8 first version with R6 and had not tried it until I read your thread. It does not focus and if you snap the photo anyway, I get ERR 01 communication error with lens message. I have the RF 70-200 F4 so never really had a need to try the Tamron. Maybe contact Tamron, and not sure they have self installed firmware updates like Sigma.

I have managed to Contact my local camera service agent. The Tamron can get a firmware update, but have had some instances of still not working with autofocus after the update. Guess I am in the market for a 70-200 f2.8

I just traded in my Tamron 28-300 for the canon 28-240mm RF. I have been using it for 5 years on my 70d, then 6d mkII with no issues. I have the Tap-in adapter to update the lenses. I checked for a lense firmware update (none). After updating the R5 to 1.5 I found that the focus was sporadic with the Tamron lense. I went in to check the 28-240 lense and it was no contest. I traded in the tamron for the canon RF. I only have a rokinon 85 MM ef lense left. I will not trade it in but keep it for my EOS film camera. That being said I have had no issues with the Sigma 150-600, but I replaced that with the 100-500RF.

I'm bumping this since I'm looking for a 70-200 to use on my R6.

I understand that this original post was about the older version of the Tamron 70-200 for the EF mount.

Has anyone use the current version, SP 70-200mm F2.8 Di VC USD G2 on the Canon R6/R5? I've got the EF to RF control ring mount adapter to use with my R6. The Tamron website says that it is compatible using the Canon mount adapter. But I haven't been able to find anyone who is actually using it with an R6.

If the Tamron lens works and the autofocus actually works then that means I can spend the extra money on another lens instead of spending it all on the Canon RF 70-200 f/2.8.

I went down to my local camera store today and had them put one of the current gen Tamron SP 70-200mm F2.8 Di VC USD G2 lenses on an R6 with the EF to RF control ring adapter (the exact set up that I have), it it worked flawlessly. Auto focus worked with out issue while I was testing it out in the store. The motor was a tad bit louder than the RF 70-200 f2.8 but not by a lot, maybe a half a db or so.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy one lens for $2,800 or two for about the same price.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back