To Post or not to Post - Your thoughts

I supose it depends on whether you are taking a photo and then go for the artistic result in your edits, or if you are trying to reproduce what you remember the image as you saw it at the time of taking. With raw images to me they require some sharpening as they are inherently soft. Noise is another adjustment for those that are high ISO due to taking in poor light to get that image at all costs or you've underexposed. Then there is highlight and shadow adjustments that may be require just a tweek. There is the removal of an object like a rubbish bin which one had not spotted at the time.
I've very rarely used a sky replacement just to try it out and would only use for an image for myself.
When viewing variuos YouTube videos it seems many make all sorts of edits to boost colours etc. I supose it just comes down to personal choice. Artistic or
a true record at the time.

I supose it depends on whether you are taking a photo and then go for the artistic result in your edits, or if you are trying to reproduce what you remember the image as you saw it at the time of taking. With raw images to me they require some sharpening as they are inherently soft. Noise is another adjustment for those that are high ISO due to taking in poor light to get that image at all costs or you've underexposed. Then there is highlight and shadow adjustments that may be require just a tweek. There is the removal of an object like a rubbish bin which one had not spotted at the time.
I've very rarely used a sky replacement just to try it out and would only use for an image for myself.
When viewing variuos YouTube videos it seems many make all sorts of edits to boost colours etc. I supose it just comes down to personal choice. Artistic or
a true record at the time.

I can't agree with you more on this topic, and the "gentle" edits that you suggest can still make art. As you said, it all comes down to the eye of the photographer, and I suppose also to the viewer. We'll likely never know what Mona Lisa looked like, but DaVinci's work likely does not deviate far from what he saw.

I will say that it depends on the image and what I'm going to do with it to a degree. Some images can be improved upon with some minor work and others don't lend themselves to being tampered with. On occasion, I will push it to the limit if I'm trying to create something out of the ordinary with an existing image. I like the ability to change what I want to change, leaving other parts as they are. I also love to draw and paint some of my images. it inspires me to become a better photographer.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back