Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Ed Cordes
City/State
Corning, NY
A while ago I decided to try the Canon R5 focus stacking feature on some flowers we have at home. I must admit that I still have to learn the intervals and number of images settings. This hibiscus seemed like a great subject to experiment with. I use a box lined with black velvet and totally natural light. Lens was the EF 100 F 2.8 macro with adapter at f 5.6. I believe it was about 20 images, ISO 100, 1/4 sec. Advice and comments most welcome.
DC_R5 2020-01-11-4559-Edit.jpg

Certainly looks pretty good. For someone not as familiar with that tool, I wonder just how the one single best frame would compare.

Thanks. I chose the hibiscus because the leading edge of the stamens are so close to the lens and the deepest part of the flower so far away, coupled with the shallow depth of field created by the closeness of the rig to the subject at least F22 would have been required. My past experience taught me that there would be blur either on the stamens or the back of the petals. I am pleased that both are in focus in this shot.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back