Frank J
City/State
SPRING HILL, FL

Here is another good video recently released

Last edited:
Hi Frank,

An interesting and worthwhile watch.

Another couple of AF related YouTube videos which people may find helpful -

Rudy Winston explains about Canon AF and a recent one on 'AF tricks' from Simon d'Entremont (which has links to others on similar themes).

Phil

Steve Perry is mostly a Sony guy but most of his tricks in this video apply to any brand and if you compare brands, most of them have same or similar features and options implemented.

I like him. Before LrC came out with advanced masking I used his LRC to PS and back method.

Good video. Since ML bodies came out I don’t dwell on what didn’t go right. I work how to use manual focus override Eye Detect and make the camera do what I want it to do, not what it wants to do. It’s always evolving and I made some changes last week to both my R7 and R6II.

Per-focusing closer is a good idea. Nice feature if the lens offers it. My RF 400 DO II had to but I sold it.

He was right on about initial AF acquisition speed being more important than tracking a fast bird. I usually don’t do well when I post this but I think the extra 4 pins in the RF system makes a difference with faster transmission seeds. Some have told me it is just a gimmick. I don’t buy that.

Focus limiter makes a big difference. That is why I decided to hold off on the new Canon RF 200-800 until we get some real world feedback. It doesn’t have it.

Both my R7 and R6II never go to sleep when I’m in the middle of shooting. The EVF and LCD’s close but the IS keeps running. RF IS is new electromagnetic tech so it uses less power. There is less of a a delay when I lift the camera to my eye and only the EVF wakes up, not the whole system.

Added another video to the initial post.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back