Do folks here discuss video issues and post youTube links?

Rudy Pohl

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Rudy Pohl
Hi There,

I'm a Canon R5 user and do almost exclusively short wildlife videos, which is why I bought the R5. About 5% of my time with the camera is spent doing still images. I'm also still hanging out at DPReview even though I registered here when DPR got the news that it would be closed down.

My difficulty is that I can't seem to find a Canon R forum anywhere out there in cyberspace where videos are shared and discussed like images are. At the Fred Miranda forum no one posts any videos and the wildlife forum clearly states that it's for images only.

So I was wondering whether this forum allows people to share their Canon R produced videos with links to their youTube account? And also, are there any members of this forum that do videos and discuss video issues on this forum?

I did a search here on the term "video", but could not really tell what level of the video activity or interest there is here.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Cheers,
Rudy

Hey Rudy. You’re more than welcome to post links to videos shot with the R5. You can either post them in the Video Forum or one of the niche forums if they fit better there. There aren’t too many video shooters here I’m afraid though. It would be nice to see that change going forward.

Hi Tim,
Great to hear from you and thanks so much for your encouraging reply. That's great news and I'll start sharing a few videos and see what happens. I'll try the video forum and the wildlife forum to see where is the most appropriate place. They're all under 3 minutes and of local birds and animals here in the Ottawa area.
Thanks again,
Rudy

I have only done stills other than a couple times recording videos of my daughter's cheerleading or dance comps. I do recall some very inspiring videos on another site of Cardinals in winter. That makes me want to explore the video capabilities of my R5. Welcome and please keep posting.

I have only done stills other than a couple times recording videos of my daughter's cheerleading or dance comps. I do recall some very inspiring videos on another site of Cardinals in winter. That makes me want to explore the video capabilities of my R5. Welcome and please keep posting.
Thanks Jim, and I'd be happy to post some more.
Cheers,
Rudy

Hi Tim,
Great to hear from you and thanks so much for your encouraging reply. That's great news and I'll start sharing a few videos and see what happens. I'll try the video forum and the wildlife forum to see where is the most appropriate place. They're all under 3 minutes and of local birds and animals here in the Ottawa area.
Thanks again,
Rudy
Hi Rudy,

Good to see you here, don’t forget there’s also the monthly ‘Your R System Images‘ threads where your stills and video links would be very welcome. Wherever you choose to share them, we’re looking forward to seeing your wonderful work. :)

Phil and Karen

Last edited:
Hi Rudy,

Good to see you here, don’t forget there’s also the monthly ‘Your R System Images‘ threads where your stills and video links would be very welcome. Wherever you choose to share them, we’re looking forward to seeing your wonderful work. :)

Phil and Karen
Hi Phil and Karen,

Thank you for your kind words and your gracious invitation to post my video links. I really appreciate it.

As you can see I still haven't settled on a new homebase since the DPR announcement and my fear is that I will end up choosing too many places and being over committed. I've had an account at Fred Miranda for 7 years and have liked many things about it, however I was surprised to see what feels like an almost anti-video vibe there. I wrote to Fred himself a couple of months ago about whether it's permitted to post video links on the forum and I never got a reply. Then I found an old thread about that very topic and was quite surprised to read the level of negativity and even hostility towards videos being posted on what is clearly presumed to be a photography site. Needless to say it was really nice to read the welcoming comments from Tim and you and Jim and others here in response to my two posts. Feels great!

Cheers and have a great day,
Rudy

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back