So what photo editing programs do you have on your computer?

I used to be a heavy LR user (rarely touched PS), that is until Adobe went to the subscription model. While I understand the merits of that model (latest updates are always available, lower overhead on your home machine, etc.) I just balk at the business concept. It's just a personal peccadillo. When Adobe stopped supporting LR Classic on a PC I did my research and moved to DxO, and I've been completely happy with what it can do. I still occasionally us LR for stitching panoramas, but otherwise quite happy with DxO.

Gosh, mine is pretty limited and simplistic. DPP, CC Lightroom and photoshop, and IPhoto.

I download my files to canon’s free DPP for initial viewing and culling.
Then I use CC Lightroom for some basic adjustments. My acceptables are moved to CC photoshop to be cleaned up a bit when needed (I am finding that with my R7 I am better exposing my initial images making for less processing time), and then exported. For some reason the latest version of DPP imports very clean Jpeg files (raw files still look the same and need work).

As ridiculous as it sounds with the R7 I often now just shoot jpeg (I used to always shoot raw on one card and jpeg on the other) download to DPP, import to Photos on my 27” IMac and then make a few adjustments. I know some of you are cringing right now, but it’s pretty fast, inexpensive, and seems to satisfy most people. This seems to work for wildlife and people, but not for landscapes when blown highlights and shadow recovery are necessary.

To me the $9.99 monthly for CC lightroom And photoshop is a bargain and I am not bothered by subscriptions.

I like to keep life simple whenever possible. I use Lightroom for 90% of my workflow and editing, only occasionally editing something in Photoshop. And - to potentially stir up a hornet's nest - whether you pay for a subscription or a one-time software purchase, I don't think the cost difference in the end would be a whole lot different, say, after 5 years. Any platform one goes with is an absolute pain to switch away from and so that's why I've stuck with Adobe despite reading up the odd time on the non-subscription alternatives.

I have been using Adobe Creative Cloud for many years. I do much of the work in Lightroom and push an image to Photoshop if it needs more refined work.

Photomator on iPad 11 Pro
DxO Photolab 5 on PC

Most of the time I use my iPad…but I'm also not good at photo editing

I have the old Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom on my own computer as well as the latest Adobe CC at my work computer (paid by my employer :cool: thankfully). It's just so happen that my job requires a lot of scientific image manipulations, hence they get to pay for my yearly subscription. Otherwise, I would use DPP for some basic adjustments such as lens corrections and file format conversions.

I totally moved away from Adobe a couple of years ago and have dabbled in many different programs since then. Currently I start with DxO mainly for DeepPrime when needed then ON1 Photo Raw 2023 and Radiant Photo which is surprisingly good at taking an image you thought you were happy with and making it even more, well, 'radiant'! I also am trying out Cyberlink PhotoDirector and PowerDirector for videos.

I also keep my monitor calibrated with SpyderX Pro.

As of last week. LrC, PS, Canon's DPP and Topaz Sharpen AI. I always use DPP's Quick Check - Full Screen to delete unwanted files before importing to LrC.

See Dxo Photolab just won a award. Simpletons like me who are not super computer literate wants something thats easy and uncomplicated.
A mate up the road uses Dxo reckons it hands down better than lightroom which he has as well. My untrained eye cant tell the difference.
Was easier to import photos into it will give it that

Last edited:
Basically everything but DxO and On1.

I use LR plenty, and occasionally PS. Even more occasionally Premiere Pro. Sometimes Topaz products.

Worst bad purchase was Luminar AI. Lot of great sales speech but the product is garbage. Well at least was when I tried it, haven't touched in long time so I don't know if they got it better. Pretty much the LR "auto" button did better job.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back