Chris Summers

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Chris Summers
My local photography club wanted to get back to having a monthly workshop on post processing which I have agreed to run for the next year. I pretty much use Lightroom, Bridge and Photoshop 95% of the time with a few plugins like Topaz Photo AI and Luminar Neo for the other 5%. But quite a few of our club members are squarely in the beginner/amateur phase and own various versions of Elements. I've been asked for help in the past and struggled to figure out what Elements allows. Not that it's complicated but things are labeled differently and also have simpler tools. I saw that here in the States, Adobe has Elements on sale for $69, down from $99 so I figured, what the heck and bought it.

I'm actually impressed. I had Photoshop Elements, version1 back in the early days. I think I got it packaged with an Epson scanner I bought. Over the years with computer upgrades I quit adding it and just moved to the Adobe subscription model. So, I have been playing around with it, the program is, of course easier in a lot of ways than Photoshop and actually has some of the new AI features.

I'm planning to run our monthly workshops for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and try to touch on some of the stuff in Lightroom and Photoshop but also offer a half hour on Elements.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back