What Photography Related Item Have You Bought or Sold This Week?

After waiting a long time for a tripod spare part, I went and bought a MeFoto RoadTrip Pro Carbon Travel Tripod.

I've only used it for a couple of hours so far, it packs down nicely and seems pretty solid. So far, so good.

Getting a hot shoe microphone for the R6II. Happy birthday to me (soon). It’s in the house but I can’t open it until my birthday.

IMG_5700.jpeg
  • iPhone SE (3rd generation)
  • iPhone SE (3rd generation) back camera 3.99mm f/1.8
  • 4.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 320

Webcam set up. Looking like a pro!

Last edited:
Just picked up a used EF 16-35 f2.8 L USM in good plus (My own interpretation) condition for less 5 Benjamins with a B&W UV/Haze filter on it in mint condition that retails for about $55. The shop let me test it out on my R6.2 and it worked flawlessly. The only imperfections are a tiny ding on the metal housing and the weather seal could stand to be replaced. Score.

IMG_3686.jpeg
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro back triple camera 4.2mm f/1.6
  • 4.2 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/33 sec
  • ISO 500
IMG_3685.jpeg
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro back triple camera 4.2mm f/1.6
  • 4.2 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/33 sec
  • ISO 400

Within the space of one week.

I’ve sold my 35mm 1.4 II; RF 28-70; 400mm DO II and my RF 70-200 2.8.

Depending on if I can find one quite soon; I’m looking at getting a good used 600mm III.
Or if one doesn’t appear by the time I’ve managed to save some more money; then maybe the RF version instead.

Lot of loved lenses I’ve sold. But a 600 f4 has always been my main bucket list item :)

Purchased a combo package R6ii with 24-125 L F4 lens. This was 10 days ago, but I'm brand new here today so, (shrug)
The first body was defective right out of the box. It was returned and I heard this afternoon from B&H they are sending me a new unit.
Hopefully the pony express horse is well fed and rested.
I'm switching from the Nikon D series system, so I expect a bit of a learning curve.

I decided to take advantage of the decreasing prices in the M system which is being discontinued. Picked up a Canon M6 MkII with the EVF and the very sharp and fast EF-M 32mm f1.4. Then I sent off the older of my 2 M5 bodies to Life Pixel for a 590 nm infrared conversion. Should keep me busy through Christmas playing with the new gear.

Just picked up an A/C adapter/dummy battery for the R6II. Ready for some long form video now with the new microphone.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back