Adapter for 3-pin intervelometer to use with r6?

Re7777

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Robin
I just upgraded from a canon 6d to a canon r6 and I noticed that the connection for the intervelometer is different (6d = 3 pin, r6 = sub mini). Has anyone found an adapter out there that will let me use my current intervelometer with the 3-pin connection with a sub mini connection? Thought I’d try and save a little if I could. Thank you! 😉

The only thing you'll save is time if you just order the sub mini connector now instead of looking for an adapter that doesn't exist.

I switched from Nikon and bought an R5 & R6 at about the same time. I could not believe the amount of incompatibility between the two from an accessory perspective (at least the grip was). I ask my pro rep friend why they'd do such a thing and he just rolled his eyes, completely unable to explain the logic (or lack thereof). I ran into this with Nikon as well, so I never buy hardwired accessories any more - everything has interchangeable cables. This worked great because all my 3rd party "Nikon" stuff works with Canon if I just use the right cable.

Thats pretty weird. My R5 has the 3 pin plug so mine from the DSLR's plugs right in at the front of the body. You would think Canon would be a little consistant with the bodies especially as the R5 and R6 are so similar. However, checking on ebay for an adapter proved fruitless however a new sub mini plug intervalometer will only cost you between AU$25 -30. Probably cost that for an adapter cable.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back