Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Tried in vain to get canon camera connect hooked up with R6ii gave up just wouldn’t pair up, deleted everything no idea what I’m doing wrong iPhone 12

Last edited:
I don't use an iPhone, nor do I have an R6ii...but I have had trouble getting them connected in the past to my EOS R and Android phones. Normally, I don't have any trouble pairing things over either bluetooth or wifi, but like you, I have had problems with the app.

I had to go step by step with the procedure outlined in the help section on the app itself. I think the app and camera are very particular about the order in which things are done to get paired/connected.

Maybe someone with your combination can step in help.

Maybe start with telling us the exact sequence of steps you're using and where things go wrong (or at least seem to not go right)? If you are following a list of steps from somewhere, let us know what it is.

Tried in vain to get canon camera connect hooked up with R6ii gave up just wouldn’t pair up, deleted everything no idea what I’m doing wrong iPhone 12
I have an R6ii and it works quite well. I'm currently using 3.1.10.50 (build 1385) with an iPhone 11 Pro iOS 17.2.1. I just enable the wifi on the camera, open the app on the iPhone, hit import images, hit join when the iPhone asks if I want to join the network...and it connects within 20 seconds. Here are my settings on the iPhone:

Attachments

• iphone settings.jpeg
    iphone settings.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Substandard and iffy software. Tried to use it for wireless remote to iPhone 14 and after 2 hrs........gave up.

It's not the best, and I'm glad Canon isn't writing critical software for me, but at least the BT portion of the connection should be pretty straightforward and stable as long as the camera doesn't go to sleep.

I have used Canon Camera Connect to control my R5 for doing test shots of myself in a new studio. I wanted to check framing and lighting and so on. I used the app on my Android phone.

What I found was that the system worked OK if I followed the instructions for connecting. However, the connection was lost when the camera went to sleep, which happened typically while rearranging the set or the lights for the next round of shots. Then nothing would work. There should be a simple way to re-connect but I never found a way to do that. Trying it ad hoc never worked. I was only able to do it by resetting everything and starting over. That was a big nuisance, and after that I avoided Camera Connect.

watched a you tube.
will try another day getting organized for storm chase day wish me luck wish me some clear non rained out bolts

You're not alone. I've had problems too using a Galaxy S22. In troubleshooting, is seems that my issues are specific to being within coverage of my wifi router, but I have not pinned that down to anything repeatable or definite. I have had success away from home using the phone app as a remote shutter release. I think the connectivity of the app is flaky, but it doesn't impact me for my style of shooting.

I have used Canon Camera Connect to control my R5 for doing test shots of myself in a new studio. I wanted to check framing and lighting and so on. I used the app on my Android phone.

What I found was that the system worked OK if I followed the instructions for connecting. However, the connection was lost when the camera went to sleep, which happened typically while rearranging the set or the lights for the next round of shots. Then nothing would work. There should be a simple way to re-connect but I never found a way to do that. Trying it ad hoc never worked. I was only able to do it by resetting everything and starting over. That was a big nuisance, and after that I avoided Camera Connect.
I had the same problems and with the help of someone on another forum, I was able to configure my Samsung phone to correct the issue. Here is the link to that forum post that contained the information that helped me. https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/67229249

Maybe it will help you as well.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back