Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mara Lee
City/State
Atlanta, GA
First, thank you to Admin for allowing me to join.

I am currently in Atlanta as of 2016 but before that, I lived in WA State.

My husband bought me an R6 for my birthday in October and it was my introduction to mirrorless. I'll admit it's taken me a while to get used to, but I'm finally getting the images I'm after, and I'm LOVING these RF lenses.

I look forward to learning more and honing my skills here on the forums and out in the world as Covid subsides and I can get out more.

Welcome and thanks for joining up here Mara Lee. That's a very nice gift indeed from your husband, he's a keeper for sure! :) If you have any questions about the site please don't hesitate to ask.

I've loved the way my R5 has functioned but can't wait to try the new sets of lenses i have now ...

Welcome and thanks for joining up here Mara Lee. That's a very nice gift indeed from your husband, he's a keeper for sure! :) If you have any questions about the site please don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you, Timothy. I like the layout here.
Yes, Colin is definitely a keeper. He is also a photographer, and has his eye on an R5. He also wants a new BMW f850GS, so I told him he has to choose which he wants first. We've saved up almost half the cash for the motorcycle, so we'll see if he waits it out for the bike or if he spends some on the camera. It's a huge temptation.

I've loved the way my R5 has functioned but can't wait to try the new sets of lenses i have now ...
Well, what's the hold up? Let's see what you got. 😁

Well, what's the hold up? Let's see what you got. 😁
well Saturday i have a car show so will utilize the converter to use 16-35 ef and play with at minimum my newly acquired rf 28-75 2.0 and potentially my 70-200 2.8 not sure about my 100-500 yet

Be sure to share your results. I had a hard time choosing between my RF 85 1.2 and the 70-200 2.8. Went for the prime as I have an old EF 70-200, but it's an f4. The 100-500 is another I wouldn't kick to the curb.

Be sure to share your results. I had a hard time choosing between my RF 85 1.2 and the 70-200 2.8. Went for the prime as I have an old EF 70-200, but it's an f4. The 100-500 is another I wouldn't kick to the curb.
well i intend to have fun with all the lensing but i will try to pick a couple to show off ... i have a old 70-200 but really wanted some thing native to the camera to take advantage of the stabilization .... i have a couple of 85 mm but since they are not my go to i didnt look at the rf85 altho my 28-70 f2 weighs almost as much as my 85mm did lol

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back