Dave Williams

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Dave Williams
As age creeps up on me I find the weight of the big telephotos something I don't want to contemplate too often but I do still love using my 500mm when the situation is right. I'm certainly not going to invest the megabucks that the new RF versions are selling for which don't offer much more than the old EF versions do and can be purchased for a fraction of the amount.
G7A9291.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF500mm f/4L IS II USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 1600

As age creeps up on me I find the weight of the big telephotos something I don't want to contemplate too often but I do still love using my 500mm when the situation is right. I'm certainly not going to invest the megabucks that the new RF versions are selling for which don't offer much more than the old EF versions do and can be purchased for a fraction of the amount. View attachment 28362
Hi Dave, Great image, and I know exactly what you mean about the 500 EF. I have one, and I have only used it lately when I've gone to Costa Rica because I haven't had to walk much with it. But there is nothing like that f/4 bokeh. The f/5.6 and above that the RF zooms are giving me at a lighter weight are nice but nothing is as beautiful as this prime.

Great shot. I love it when the animal is staring me down while I'm taking their picture.
Fox is still on my bucket list. Had a good season for coyote, but fox was scarce.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back