Following
Name
Ferenc Mógor
City/State
Budapest, Hungary
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi,

I swear and I take an oath here that I'm gonna study and learn something new about our cameras every day from hereon till the last day of my life. Here's something I just came across called "Focal Plane Mark" on the top part of my EOS R6 MK1 which looks like a circle with a line through it. I'm sure many of you knew about this and while you are here please also share how you made use of this inevitable info and how it helped you in your everyday photography.

Focal plane mark 1.jpg
  • SM-A536B
  • 2.1 mm
  • ƒ/2.4
  • 1/25 sec
  • ISO 200

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I knew what it was. Normally we don't need to pay any attention to it. But if you are doing macro photography or whatever and need to calculate magnifications and such, then you can use that mark. When manufacturers cite "focal distance", it is from there. Also, with film cameras, the mark is at the back, whereas with R bodies, it is near the front. And that is important to know! Because when you change lenses, the sensor is practically hanging out of the body. So turn the camera off when changing lenses. The shutter will close and protect the sensor.

Hi,

I swear and I take an oath here that I'm gonna study and learn something new about our cameras every day from hereon till the last day of my life. Here's something I just came across called "Focal Plane Mark" on the top part of my EOS R6 MK1 which looks like a circle with a line through it. I'm sure many of you knew about this and while you are here please also share how you made use of this inevitable info and how it helped you in your everyday photography.

View attachment 22492

Thanks in advance.
Some additional information

focusing plane (where the camera’s sensor is, focal plane mark)

macro-focusing-distance-eng.jpg

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back