Canon FW updates

NO, didn't work. I did get something off the download from Canon about how to do the install. It was beside the .FIR so I will have a look through that. I must be doing some simple thing wrong.

NO, didn't work. I did get something off the download from Canon about how to do the install. It was beside the .FIR so I will have a look through that. I must be doing some simple thing wrong.
You using a Mac?

Yes, running latest Sonoma OS. I appreciate your help but getting a headache from trying this so giving up for awhile. Go for a walk ( with camera using old firmware) and probably feel like trying it again after that 😜

Yes, running latest Sonoma OS. I appreciate your help but getting a headache from trying this so giving up for awhile. Go for a walk ( with camera using old firmware) and probably feel like trying it again after that 😜

From this page - at the bottom

Select Ventura

Screenshot-2023-12-06-at-1.20.37 PM.jpg

Download folder on the Mac. Double click on the Icon

Screenshot-2023-12-06-at-1.14.48 PM.jpg

For me it wound up on the desktop. I may have configure that long ago or maybe it is automatic.

Screenshot-2023-12-06-at-1.16.13 PM.jpg

Then I inserted the card and dragged the file to here.

Screenshot-2023-12-06-at-1.28.14 PM.jpg

Does anyone know, or have a link to a description of what the 1.4.0 firmware update accomplishes?

Thanks again for the info Only RF but I can't seem to figure out what "unzip" means. I have formatted 64 GB sd card in camera, gone to Canon site and downloaded 1.4 update for Mac to sd card. Right clicked "Open" and dragged that to the sd card on right hand side of screen in Finder. But when I put sd card in camera it says I need a sd card in camera to do an update. I will keep trying.
Hi Jack,

Sorry, only just checked back in (home made pizza night!). To clarify, you should download the update file from Canon to your Mac, open it there (as I previously described) and then copy only the *.FIR file to the root of the SD card. Not sure if this helps?

Phil

Last edited:
Does anyone know, or have a link to a description of what the 1.4.0 firmware update accomplishes?
Hi Don,

Link Here. Click ‘Description’ to get the full details of what the update contains.

Phil

If you click on any one of those cameras in the first link it says the same thing. I've searched and cannot find any further details.

EOS R7 Firmware Version 1.4.0​

5th December 2023
Firmware Version 1.4.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. Adds support for RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM lens.
2. Fixes minor issues.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back