Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Canon firmware update 1.4.0 is now available for the R6. Actually it's already been available for around a week and so far there have not been any bug reports like with the previous update.

Firmware version 1.4.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
  1. Adds [Canon Log 3] to [Canon Log settings].
  2. Simultaneous movie recording on card 1 and card 2 has been added.
  3. Improves operation stability when using the RF400mm F2.8 L IS USM and RF600mm F4 L IS USM.
  4. Fixes an issue in which, during HDMI connection, if the camera’s screen turns off, a zebra pattern is displayed via the HDMI output.
  5. Fixes an issue in which sufficient image stabilization effects may not be attained immediately after the start of shooting.

You can download 1.4.0 from your local Canon support sites:

Europe

US

Have completed Canon firmware updates successfully many times before, but can't extract the USA R6 1.40 Zip files . Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for that heads-up !! Much appreciated !! :cool:
Currently at 20% done .... 50% .... and .... DONE !!
No problems .... !!
Also updated the firmware for the RF 70-200 2.8 while I was at it ....

Last edited:
Seems it's a problem with my desktop computer's. Downloaded and opened on my laptop just fine. R6 firmware now updated.

Seems this is mainly directed at video users and those expensive telephoto lenses. There is the image stabilization update that would be the only one for me. Will install just to keep updated.

Canon firmware update 1.4.0 is now available for the R6. Actually it's already been available for around a week and so far there have not been any bug reports like with the previous update.

Firmware version 1.4.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
  1. Adds [Canon Log 3] to [Canon Log settings].
  2. Simultaneous movie recording on card 1 and card 2 has been added.
  3. Improves operation stability when using the RF400mm F2.8 L IS USM and RF600mm F4 L IS USM.
  4. Fixes an issue in which, during HDMI connection, if the camera’s screen turns off, a zebra pattern is displayed via the HDMI output.
  5. Fixes an issue in which sufficient image stabilization effects may not be attained immediately after the start of shooting.

You can download 1.4.0 from your local Canon support sites:

Europe

US
I did have an issue with the firmware update with my R6. It only happened with my 300mm 2.8. After I loaded the new firmware, my camera would lock up using the electronic shutter...only with this lens. It worked perfect before the firmware upgrade. I was able to roll back the firmware to 1.3.1 I believe, and it is back to working perfect. Scary part is Canon CPS said I needed to send on the camera and have the board replaced....then told me it was probably my lens. They told.me I could.not roll back the firmware, but found a way. Just posting the info on case others are having a similar issue :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back