Canon R7 Canon R7 Microphone Input Issue

webjema

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Nick
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the microphone input port on my R7 camera. I've been using it for video shooting for the past 7 months and have been using external microphones with it.

Yesterday, I noticed that the port has some play or movement. It still seems to be functioning properly, but I'm uncertain if this is something I should address immediately.

If any of you have experience with this issue, could you please provide some guidance?

1. Is this play in the port normal and not a problem?
2. Should I take immediate action to prevent potential microphone issues during shooting?

If it does require immediate attention, do you recommend contacting Canon's service or another service provider?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I have an R5 and I've never shot video with it, so I don't have any hands-on experience. However, if the port is loose in the camera or if an audio connector seems to jiggle around in the port, then I'd suggest contacting Canon service. To me, those symptoms do not seem right and should be looked at by a qualified tech.

Please take what I've written with a grain of salt since I have no direct experience with the equipment you have.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back