View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Michał Dudulewicz

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Michał Dudulewicz
I am considering getting the RF 100-500 for sport and concert photography. I'd like to do some wildlife too. Could you guys share your opinion and hightlight the pros and cons of the lens? Thanks

Thanks for all your thought's, after spending a lot of time considering these points and watching several videos, including Jan Wegners interesting reviews, I'm now awaiting delivery of my 100-500. It's all more expense but overall the advantages seem to outweigh the disadvantages. I feel sure I won't be dissapointed and am looking forward to trying it out.

I am super happy with my 100-500!! Awsome lens! :D

Attachments

• _X2A5557-Pano.jpg
    _X2A5557-Pano.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 210
I ordered a 100-500 L on Monday lunchtime ... it arrived this morning. It feels lovely compared to the weightier 100-400 I used to have.
All I need now is a R5 to use it on as that is still on order sadly :( Hopefully within a week I can use it.

I ordered a 100-500 L on Monday lunchtime ... it arrived this morning. It feels lovely compared to the weightier 100-400 I used to have.
All I need now is a R5 to use it on as that is still on order sadly :( Hopefully within a week I can use it.
Congrats! I love this lens. (y)

Well done on your lens, they do seem like an improvement albeit a small improvement on the 100-400. I've paired mine to an R5 and am loving it, however, there's a huge learning curve to climb with the combination, thats half of the enjoyment, and when you get it right the results are worth all the effort. I'm only a week into learning so have a long way to go.

I have had my 100-500 for a short time. I use it most for rocket launch photography. Have been very pleased so far. Shot a night launch with good results but I was closer than usual and need to adjust my f-stop down a bit more than I did. The problem with launch photography is you get one shot and then need to wait for the next launch.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back