Kathryn Milner

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Kathryn Milner
I wanted to take pictures of a Bald Eagle nest from a considerable distance. I couldn't get closer because the nest is on the other side of the South Saskatchewan River. I walked as close as I could over rounded river rock to the edge of the water to close the distance somewhat. I used a monopod to give me some stability while photographing using my RF 100 to 500 lens and my 1.4 Extender. It was not possible for me to carry a tripod the distance I had to walk. I was very pleased with the quality of image considering the distance involved. Our local wilderness park wants to use the images for education and promotion purposes.

_L6A2394-Edit.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 1000
_L6A2426-Edit.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 1000
_L6A2441-Edit.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 1000

Last edited:
Lovely shots Kathryn. I can see why your local wilderness park wants to use them. Well done!

Very nice positioning of the birds, plus you found an angle with no twigs or leaves in the way. If you haven’t already, you might run the frames through Topaz Sharpen. You might be able to go up one notch in print size.

Great shots-your effort paid off well.

Great Capture Kathryn, the effort to get the shot paid off. Beats my snap of a couple of starlings in the garden this afternoon! :)(y)

Very nice positioning of the birds, plus you found an angle with no twigs or leaves in the way. If you haven’t already, you might run the frames through Topaz Sharpen. You might be able to go up one notch in print size.

Great shots-your effort paid off well.
Thanks Gerald.

Great Capture Kathryn, the effort to get the shot paid off. Beats my snap of a couple of starlings in the garden this afternoon! :)(y)
Thanks so much but I think starlings are interesting too. I have been enjoying taking photographs of starlings too.

I wanted to take pictures of a Bald Eagle nest from a considerable distance. I couldn't get closer because the nest is on the other side of the South Saskatchewan River. I walked as close as I could over rounded river rock to the edge of the water to close the distance somewhat. I used a monopod to give me some stability while photographing using my RF 100 to 500 lens and my 1.4 Extender. It was not possible for me to carry a tripod the distance I had to walk. I was very pleased with the quality of image considering the distance involved. Our local wilderness park wants to use the images for education and promotion purposes.

View attachment 2789View attachment 2790View attachment 2791
I envy you, being in a place with such wonderful photo opportunities! I see why you love your 100-500 too! These are great images! (as are all the images I've seen that you posted)

Thank you Steven. Yes, I feel we are very fortunate to live where there is wildlife to enjoy seeing and photographing. In the spring we seem to have the most opportunities with birds, animals, insects, and flowers. We are excited with any opportunity we get. More times than I would like to say however, we spend 5 to 6 hours searching and don’t find anything but that is what happens with wildlife. Thank you so much for your kind comments!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back