Birds Challenging Distance - RF 100 to 500 and 1.4 Extender - Bald Eagle Nest

Wow those are great! Congratulations on some fabulous shots!

I wanted to take pictures of a Bald Eagle nest from a considerable distance. I couldn't get closer because the nest is on the other side of the South Saskatchewan River. I walked as close as I could over rounded river rock to the edge of the water to close the distance somewhat. I used a monopod to give me some stability while photographing using my RF 100 to 500 lens and my 1.4 Extender. It was not possible for me to carry a tripod the distance I had to walk. I was very pleased with the quality of image considering the distance involved. Our local wilderness park wants to use the images for education and promotion purposes.

View attachment 2789View attachment 2790View attachment 2791
If you were using the 1.4 extender how come the F stop shows F8 , it become F10 with the extender.. Great shots non the less.

If you were using the 1.4 extender how come the F stop shows F8 , it become F10 with the extender.. Great shots non the less.
I found that a bit of a mystery. Lightroom is recognizing my extender now but wasn't initially so that may be the reason.

I wanted to take pictures of a Bald Eagle nest from a considerable distance. I couldn't get closer because the nest is on the other side of the South Saskatchewan River. I walked as close as I could over rounded river rock to the edge of the water to close the distance somewhat. I used a monopod to give me some stability while photographing using my RF 100 to 500 lens and my 1.4 Extender. It was not possible for me to carry a tripod the distance I had to walk. I was very pleased with the quality of image considering the distance involved. Our local wilderness park wants to use the images for education and promotion purposes.

View attachment 2789View attachment 2790View attachment 2791
Fantastic photos!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back