PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Some images from a recent visit to Charlecote House, Charlectote, which is between Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

You can read more about the history of Charlecote Park by clicking Here.

Phil

1. Charlecote House sits on the banks of the River Avon and was built in 1558 by Thomas Lucy and his bride Joyce Acton. (They married when he was 14 and she was 12).

RF-SR-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 125

2. Queen Elizabeth I later knighted Thomas and visited Charlecote in 1572 (her portrait can be found in the library).

RF-SR-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 640

3. In the Great Hall is a bust of Shakespeare, thought to be a reference to the (unlikely) legend that as a young man he was caught poaching in Charlecote Park (though there are links between Shakespeare and Charlecote).

RF-SR-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 2500

4. The library is said to have one of the most impressive collections of books of all those held by the National Trust.

RF-SR-1-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 28.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 5000

5. After a fascinating and sometimes turbulent history, Charlecote was eventually acquired by the National Trust in 1945.

RF-SR-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 4000

Last edited:
Are you going to shoot some pics of the Coronation? I would love to see some street photos of people.

Are you going to shoot some pics of the Coronation? I would love to see some street photos of people.
Hi Phil,

Only as seen from the Elan Valley (in the Cambrian Mountains of Mid-Wales) - a trip we'd booked some time before King Charles III chose his Coronation date.

(We suspect there won't be too many people lining our route as we cycle around the Elan Valley reservoirs - not helped by the rather dismal weather forecast!).

On the plus side, before he became King, Charles was formerly The Prince of Wales - so we guess there's a connection... :)

Phil and Karen

PS. The Close we live in will be having a street party, which are usually a blast - at least the bits we remember! For the VE celebrations they held a reprise as one of the residents missed the original event after being taken to hospital following a fall (from a horse). No-one told us about the repeat party and we returned from a day out to find ourselves driving through an exact replica - which was in full swing - we thought we'd dropped through a worm hole in space-time. Classic... 😂 😂

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back