Followers
Following
Name
Hali
City/State
Rhode Island, US
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
So I am going through some night shots from Costa Rica and I notice I have at least 4 maybe more dead pixels. Three are green, one is red, they are in the exact same place in 50 shots, so it's not something that was winging its way in the background. Is there a way to get rid of them short of sending it back to Canon (and can they even help?)
Here is the picture with the spots circled.
2022_06_25_CostaRica-12467-EditShowpixels.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 2 sec
  • ISO 500

Not much faith in their own work, eh?
It does make you wonder doesn't it. We will see what happens when I get it back. Still no eta on that.

Got the camera back, they fixed the sensor issue. Not sure they replaced the sensor as the Service Details said "Your product has been examined and it was found that the imaging sensor assembly did not operate properly causing missing pixels. Electrical Pixel adjustments were performed" Sure doesn't sound like they replaced it. They did not repair the problem with the manual focus override, they said they couldn't confirm the problem.

It was interesting in the dating of the updates. I got a text at 10:05 that said the camera was in for repair. Then a text at 10:10 that said the repair was complete and another at 10:45 that said the camera was shipped out.

Not my best time with Canon Repair. Maybe now that I'm a CPS member they will treat me differently (wished I had thought of joining CPS before I sent the camera out for repair)

Oof. I'd try and complain / get a refund.
They had increased the repair price for additional parts, and then couldn't confirm the problem?? And $900 for an "electrical pixel adjustments" sounds excessive. Something definitely went awry.

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but I agree with Kwazy. The lack of details in the work performed and the price charged are worrying. Perhaps CPS can help with providing some answers.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back