Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Playing with DPP says version not comatible with canon r6ii guess it will come

Which version of DPP do you have? DPP 4.17.10 for Windows lists the R6 Mark II as a compatible camera.

yeah correct im on 4.16 hit the update button says no updates available? Macbook

fixed thanks
as a beginner is DPP really that bad seems ok to me to start with

I wouldn't say that DPP is bad at all. It is free and works well. In my opinion, it does not have the best noise reduction or sharpening when compared to other paid-for programs. It will produce very good image quality and is fairly easy to use. It is a great place to start with processing your Canon raw files.

If you are shooting a lot of really high iso images and are bothered by the resulting noise, then one of the paid programs, DXO/Lightroom/Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw/Capture One etc, might be a better choice for you. But you need to find out what your own individual needs and wishes are and then try a few programs and decide for yourself which one is best for you. Raw processing programs are like anthing else. What I like and feel is the best for me might not be what you like and feel is the best for you.

Many people exclusively use DPP and get wonderful results from it. To each his own....

trying to improve my photography first priority i guess

DPP is a good method to convert RAW files to DNG files so older versions of PS can open images from cameras not yet supported by Adobe.

I'm running DPP4 v4.17.20.0 on an iMac and it has no problem with .cr3 images from my R6 Mk2.

DPP is a good method to convert RAW files to DNG files so older versions of PS can open images from cameras not yet supported by Adobe.
How are you doing that? My DPP4 doesn't list DNG:
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-04-08 om 09.08.01.jpg

I've the same conversion options in DPP4 as koenkool - ie. no DNG. What version of DPP4 are you using and on Windows or Mac?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back