PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our visit (in September, 2022) to Dyrham Park, near Bath, Gloucestershire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels).

You can find out more about Dyrham Park by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. People have lived here since at least the Bronze Age. In 577 a significant battle was waged at ‘Dyrhamin’ in which Saxon leaders Cuthwine and Ceawlin defeated Britons Coinmail, Condidan and Farinmail - a decisive victory repelling Britons into Wales and Cornwall. Dyrham House sits in 270-acres of parkland and was built in two stages between 1692 and 1704 for William Blathwayt, who made his fortune from empire - being King William III’s Secretary of State.

RF-S-ST-Dy-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

2. Shown below is the Orangery, which was built as a greenhouse in 1701.

RF-S-ST-Dy-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 250

3. The Anglican parish church of St Peter (left) was originally built in the mid 13th century and had a three-stage tower added in the 15th century. It was extensively restored when the main house (centre) was built.

RF-S-ST-Dy-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 72.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 125

4. The lavish entrance hall, with one of a pair of recently restored Georgian chandeliers. The baroque house interior contains art works and furniture gathered from around the world, but particularly Holland.

RF-S-ST-Dy-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 2500

5. Dutch painter Samuel Dirksz van Hoogstraten (a pupil of Rembrandt), was famed for his ‘trompe-l’oeil’ (‘deceives the eye’) pictures. He excelled in creating three-dimensional realities using oil paint.

RF-S-ST-Dy-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 5000

6. Dyrham was transferred to the National Trust in 1961. In 1976 the surrounding park was purchased with the support of the National Heritage Memorial Fund.

RF-S-ST-Dy-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 6400

(Sources: National Trust, Wikipedia).

Last edited:
Thanks, Phil. Another fantastic set.

Thanks, Phil. Another fantastic set.
Hi Mike,

Cheers - appreciated! :)

This was certainly a fascinating place and well worthy of a follow-up visit if we're ever passing by this way in the future.

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back