exposure compensation

kat

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Kathleen Marquardt
I have my R6 set to Manual with the ISO on auto. When I adjust the exposure compensation it adjusts the time value. How do I make them separate controls? I wanted to keep exposure at 1/350 and when I adjusted the exposure compensation the time value went down to 1/20.

Fv mode for me too. Like anything, it takes a little practice to get used to switching between the options though worth the persistence.
I have two questions I hope you can help answer... 1. Does the FV mode handle the exposure compensation better when you are using Auto ISO than M mode? 2. When you are using everything manual in FV mode, does the LCD/EVF show the exposure reading (measured by the camera)? I have the RP and in M mode, for the scenario in my # 2 question, I get the exposure reading in M mode but not in FV mode...that's why, even I like the FV mode a lot, I haven't used the FV mode instead of M.

I have two questions I hope you can help answer... 1. Does the FV mode handle the exposure compensation better when you are using Auto ISO than M mode? 2. When you are using everything manual in FV mode, does the LCD/EVF show the exposure reading (measured by the camera)? I have the RP and in M mode, for the scenario in my # 2 question, I get the exposure reading in M mode but not in FV mode...that's why, even I like the FV mode a lot, I haven't used the FV mode instead of M.
When on manual ISO, the ecomp will adjust the shutter and aperture. What ever you want priority, leave on manual at the desired setting and put the others to auto. To check the settings half press the shutter button.

Last edited:
Camera menu orange icon 2nd page: same exposure for new aperture.
There are a few custom options in there just set it to iso, sounds like it's set to iso/tv

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back