Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Hi Tim,

One thought following the inaugural thread in May - once the results were announced, the thread was locked off and there was no way to post 'congratulations/ well done'.

Not sure if this is something that could be addressed going forward?

Phil

I have to lock it unfortunately Phil to stop any additional entries coming in after the closing date.

I suppose I could unlock it again once the votes are in and results are announced.

I've give that a go this month. Please remind me if I forget! :)

Hi Tim,

One thought following the inaugural thread in May - once the results were announced, the thread was locked off and there was no way to post 'congratulations/ well done'.

Not sure if this is something that could be addressed going forward?

Phil
Good point, I like this idea as well.

Is it possible to just block new attachments on a thread?

Also, how does it work when someone changes their image during the competition (which is specifically allowed)? Do the existing upvotes apply to the new image even though it's not what was originally upvoted? Or does the contestant have to delete the post and start anew? If the former, then it seems someone could win over some votes with one image and then win over additional ones with a different image.

Also, how does it work when someone changes their image during the competition (which is specifically allowed)? Do the existing upvotes apply to the new image even though it's not what was originally upvoted? Or does the contestant have to delete the post and start anew? If the former, then it seems someone could win over some votes with one image and then win over additional ones with a different image.
Tim can correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't believe the voting starts until entries are closed, so that would make this kind of switcheroo scenario impossible.

Like @miuzi mentioned above. The voting is not enabled until entries are closed and locked so this is not possible.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back