Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Barry Kwiatkowski
City/State
Eckville
Available in Canada, but should be elsewhere now or soon.

Looks like it’s for those using lens for video.

Firmware Version 1.0.8 incorporates the following fix:

1. Adds the ability to correct focus breathing during movie recording.
    * Compatible with cameras that support focus breathing correction.
Firmware version 1.0.8 is for lenses with firmware up to version 1.0.7. If the lens’ firmware is already Version 1.0.8, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Barry!

Interesting. I never knew about this issue. But, then, I only do a bit of video. Will update anyway.

Interesting. I never knew about this issue. But, then, I only do a bit of video. Will update anyway.
I also do very little video, but might do more once I nail still photography on my new camera. Will the lens firmware help me today? No, but I’ll be ready if I do need it in the future. Take care!

Available in Canada, but should be elsewhere now or soon.

Looks like it’s for those using lens for video.

Firmware Version 1.0.8 incorporates the following fix:

1. Adds the ability to correct focus breathing during movie recording.
    * Compatible with cameras that support focus breathing correction.
Firmware version 1.0.8 is for lenses with firmware up to version 1.0.7. If the lens’ firmware is already Version 1.0.8, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Apparently, this is only to make these improved features for these lenses compatible with the R6 MKII. They offer no improvements for other camera bodies. The Ordinary Film Maker channel on YouTube has a rundown on these updates.

Only affects these lenses on the R62.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back