First line of safety - use a strap

I use the Peak Design Slide and hand clutch for double insurance. The clutch gives added stability as well. The Slide adjusts in length instantly and can be used as a neck or shoulder strap. It’s made of webbing like a seat belt and can be attached and unattached from the camera quickly.
Exactly my set up! love PD products!

Never ceases to amaze me when watching some YouTube videos how many are walking around with the camera just held in their hands and no straps of any kind. I suppose some are sponsored but it still seems crazy to me. The supplied Canon straps are very narrow and extremely uncomfortable though and I put it through a wider strap for the neck area. Currently have an AirStrap on order which seems to have some really good padding.
I once lost a wrench while adjusting the rotor on a helicopter. It slipped from my hand, passed through the perforations of the landing pad on the oil platform, and was swallowed by the sea. Fortunately, I had just at that moment finished the adjustment so only had to suffer the embarrassment of the lost wrench. A lesson in securing your tools.

All that being said, I agree that neck straps are a pain. I am using the Spider Pro carrier (https://spiderholster.com/). It moves the camera to a position on the hip and has a very secure method of quickly attaching and removing the camera from this location similar to a holster. Very secure. In addition, I use the Peak Designs hand strap for a secure grip when in my hand. This combination works well for me. It also helps to remove the weight of the camera from around the neck when wearing a backpack. I'm going to add the optional holster for the opposite side so I can attach a lens to allow quick changes without digging through the backpack. Another advantage is that the more weight you can carry lower on the body, the lower your "center of gravity (CG)" and I find this improves my balance.

Another of these types of carriers is called "the cotton carrier" I think. Similar concept with multiple locations for carrying.

Every camera body of mine has an L plate with a Custom SLR hand strap. The L plates have QD connections for my customized Black Rapid Cross Shot straps adapted with Magpul connectors. Easy on and off, various ways to hold and carry. Been doing it this way for 10 years and it's been perfect.

Every camera body of mine has an L plate with a Custom SLR hand strap. The L plates have QD connections for my customized Black Rapid Cross Shot straps adapted with Magpul connectors. Easy on and off, various ways to hold and carry. Been doing it this way for 10 years and it's been perfect.
Interesting use of the "Magpul" adapter for sure. Can you provide a picture of the same?

Attachments

• tempImageXhgI3i.jpg
    tempImageXhgI3i.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 64
  • tempImageMYfcxV.jpg
    tempImageMYfcxV.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 51
  • tempImageP32Pvd.jpg
    tempImageP32Pvd.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 67
  • tempImagee5yPLg.jpg
    tempImagee5yPLg.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 56
So it appears that the Magpul MS4 Dual can be used in both shooting venues. Nice. I will have to try that out. (y)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back