Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Im full blown FV mode 75% of the time now.

Except lightning shots like to under expose by one stop in case of blow outs.

I believe in FV mode if you want to underexpose you have to have one setting on auto.

I tried it once camera auto iso in lightning storm with 30 second exposure camera got confused i think so aint done it since was a blown out mess.

I'm always surprised when I watch YouTube videos on new Canon R cameras and the presenter who say they don't understand the FV mode and don't use it. I use it most of the time, before FV I used the P mode a lot unless I really wanted to pick a shutter speed or a certain aperture; then I used Av or Tv modes. About the only time I ever shot in M mode is if I am shooting with studio strobes and sometimes with macro work.

I like Fv mode it is very useful as you can change the setting faster than in Manual mode...for me at least. Auto ISO works great as the R5 can handle High ISO's with minimal issues.

When i got my second camera asked guys in store do many use FV mode ther comment was no we dont even know how to, just use manual.

Just quicker than manual and reset quick just hit trash button done never thought i would change but have

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back