Full time travelers

Drparker1315

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Drew
We live full time in RV and just travel around. Just got the R7 to replace my ancient original 5D. Also have original 24-70 L and 70-200 L.

Being retired now I couldn’t drop the same kind of coin as I did on the 5D.

Very happy so far with the R7 and kit lens. Blown away by the AF and Eye tracking.

Love how easy it is to carry, hopefully they release some better glass in the RF-S form factor.

Looking forward to learning and participating.

Drew

Welcome Drew and thanks for joining up here. It sounds like you are living the dream! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the new R7! I've ordered one but I'm not expecting to see it anytime soon. If you have any questions about this site please don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome. My memories of the 5D was it was the last camera without the sensor shaking cleaner and how glad I was that the 5DmkII had the feature. I trust you will show us what you are doing with the R7 and offer opinions on its strengths and weaknesses illustrated by photos. Sometimes we learn more from 'problem' photos than from our best. It would be interesting to see a same subject landscape comparison using the 5D and R7 which are as different in terms of pixel density as I can imagine.

Thanks, will do but 5D compare will have to wait. Were on a 3 month trip and I left the 5D in storage. So much to learn on this R7 just by looking at all the menu choices.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back