PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Tintagel in Cornwall, England, is bound to the legend of King Arthur. This is 'Gallos', an 8ft tall bronze sculpture of 'a nameless ancient king' which sits on cliff tops within the ruins of Tintagel Castle (built by Richard, Earl of Cornwall, in the 1230’s).

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop).

Phil

RF-SB-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 37.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 125

Last edited:
Aha! Can't resist posting one of mine - taken a few years ago when we were making a "roots" style pilgrimage to Cornwall. Rs weren't around at the time, but it was a Canon...

Tintagel-1223.jpg
  • Canon EOS M3
  • EF-M18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
  • 34.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 400

Aha! Can't resist posting one of mine - taken a few years ago when we were making a "roots" style pilgrimage to Cornwall. Rs weren't around at the time, but it was a Canon...

View attachment 14539
Hi Gareth,

Excellent!! It appears we both enjoyed dramatic skies for our visit (though it looks like you may have stayed somewhat drier than we did... :D ) - and had the same thoughts when it came to post processing.

Thanks for posting... :)

P&K

Thanks Phil. All done in Lightroom, inspired by your treatment. Using the Adobe B&W7 profile, further tweaked with the B&W Landscape preset and the Adaptive "blue drama" sky and subject "warm pop" presets. The sky was actually quite flat, but it was in the golden hour so colours were warm. The presets added all the drama!

But we were making memories as well as photographs, so there was this, too...

TintagelEC-1226.jpg
  • Canon EOS M3
  • EF-M18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 400

Last edited:
Thanks Phil. All done in Lightroom, inspired by your treatment. Using the Adobe B&W7 profile, further tweaked with the B&W Landscape preset and the Adaptive "blue drama" sky and subject "warm pop" presets. The sky was actually quite flat, but it was in the golden hour so colours were warm. The presets added all the drama!

But we were making memories as well as photographs, so there was this, too...

View attachment 14541
Terrific!! :D

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back