PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our recent-ish visit to Sudeley Castle, Winchcombe, Gloucestershire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop).

Though open to visitors, photography is not permitted in any of the family rooms of the castle.

You can find out more about the history of Sudeley Castle by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Originally built in 1443, King Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, Lady Jane Grey, Queen Elizabeth I, and King Richard III all played a part in the early history of Sudeley Castle. King Charles I sought refuge here during the English Civil War.
RF-S-Su-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

2. It was besieged and largely destroyed by Parliamentary forces during the Civil War and lay derelict for almost 200 hundred years until it became the home of the Dent brothers - wealthy Worcestershire glove makers - who restored it.
RF-S-Su-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 160

3. St Mary’s Church lies within the grounds of the castle, ruined during the Civil War, it was restored by the Dent family between 1855 and 1863.
RF-S-Su-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 320

4. Queen Katherine Parr (the last and surviving wife to King Henry VIII) lived and died at Sudeley Castle (in 1548) and now lies entombed in the church.
RF-S-Su-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 32.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 5000

5. Sudeley Castle remains the only private castle in England to have a queen buried within its grounds.
RF-S-Su-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 91.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 5000

Last edited:
Nice... I think you have found your niche!

Nice... I think you have found your niche!
Hi Kepa,

Pleased to hear you're enjoying our images (we do a fair bit of this kind of stuff!) - next episode tomorrow... :D

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back